Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

thechickenadobo
Journeyman III

RX 570: AMD Error 173 Not Recognizing

Hi,

I've replaced my old 560TI with an RX 570 but Windows 10 is not recognizing the GPU is plugged in.

I removed my 560TI weeks before getting the RX 570 since it was breaking, so for a few weeks I've been running on the internal graphics card (Intel).

I shut everything off and proceeded to install the RX 570. On first boot after attempting to install drivers, I was getting the Error 173 of "Not recognizing any AMD hardware".

Here's what I've tried:

Reseating the GPU (tried on both PCI Express slots)
Changing the bios to force to use PCI
Plugged in my old breaking GPU (This actually works)
I've resetted my BIOS (Although I think I have, 90% sure, I had to unplug my CMOS Battery since I couldn't find the jumper pins)

One thing I did do by accident, is boot the pc without realising I hadn't plugged the RX 570 to the PSU(600w).. I'm hoping this hasn't effected it, since the RX 570 looks to be running normally and lights up.

After my attempts above, I get a blackscreen and no display input being detected whenever I have the RX 570 plugged in, even with setting the BIOS to run on Internal Graphics... (Changing the display outputs used, even with just a VGA cable plugged into the MOBO, I get no display)

But with my 560Ti, the PC boots up normally with a display output

My last try before giving up is plugging the RX 570 into my other PC and seeing if it works. (Will try this afterwork)

Any Ideas? Have I got a faulty GPU?

I've got a pretty old rig:
i5-3570k
600W PSU
16GB Ram
Old GPU was 560 ti

It isn't a compatibility issue isit?

Thanks

0 Likes
8 Replies
dec453316
Journeyman III

hi bro,

i have the same problem.

U have a solution?

i dont like return my video card

this is my machine.

MOTHER ASUS H8IM-A 

PROSESSOR INTEL I7 4790K
RAM 8GB DDR3 1600 KINGSTON
HDISC 2 T WD
SOUND CARD MAUDIO FAST TRACK ULTRA 8CHANNELS
VIDEO CARD RADEON AMD RX570 DDR5

tnks a lot

keep on tune

DEC

0 Likes

Hi.

Because I had quite an old Motherboard, I had to upgrade its BIOS in order to be compatible with my RX 570.

Hope this helps,

Thanks.

0 Likes

hi bro!

its ok. i hope dont do this match.

wait 4 Support.

i need this 4 way out

.!

tnks 4 the answer.

DEC

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>

Libre

de virus. www.avg.com

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 10:39 AM thechickenadobo <amd-external@jiveon.com>

0 Likes

Thats good mine not working my bios is updateing glad yours is fixed. 

0 Likes
alexanderulti
Journeyman III

having the same issue with mine no display or anything

0 Likes
alexanderulti
Journeyman III

Did you accedently move the processor around and did you check the power supply and see if its moved and reseated?

0 Likes
alexanderulti
Journeyman III

also the gpu thing wouldnt effected it it wont boot if its not detected by graphics card

0 Likes
alexanderulti
Journeyman III

and if you still have the old gpu try to use that and use that to download the drivers on the new gpu.

0 Likes