cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

akama
Journeyman III

rx 560m win7

Hello, i buy laptop Lenovo 720 15IKB (81C7) with win10 and RX 560m. Then installed win7,but cant find drivers for my videocard (i installed AMD software too, and this program find driver but driver dont work)

0 Likes
5 Replies
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

At this point in time, you will need to rely on driver support for this GPU directly from the manufacturer, ie. Lenovo.

I doubt you will find drivers for that chip for Windows7.

0 Likes

Found your Lenovo Support page for your laptop. It has a very new BIOS (1/2018) and last VGA Driver for AMD and Intel Graphics was from 9/2017. Here a copy from the Lenovo Support Page: laptops and netbooks :: 700 series :: 720 15ikb type 81c7 Lenovo PC Support :

720-15IKB (Type 81C7) Laptop (ideapad)

Operating System

Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 10 (64-bit) ×

Recommendation:

AMD recommends using the graphics drivers provided by your notebook's manufacturer as the manufacturer has customize the drivers to support the built-in display and the features and functions specific to the notebook. Customized graphics drivers are available for download from most notebook manufacturer's web site.

If the current operating system is not the version originally installed on the notebook it may not meet all requirements and compatible graphics drivers may not be available. Please refer to the notebook manufacturer for supported operating systems and drivers.

AMD provides a reference/generic graphics driver for AMD Mobility Radeon graphics with limited support for notebook specific features and functions.  This is not intended to be used as a replacement for the notebook manufacturer's driver

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do: