cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mruffin75
Journeyman III

RX 5600XT - Windows crashes on boot

Up until 2 days ago, my PC was running fine, until I did a couple of windows updates (nothing dramatic), and rebooted the computer (to put into perspective, my PC usually runs for weeks at a time between reboots).  The PC wouldn't come back up and I assumed it was one of the updates, however on looking through the event log, it seemed like it was getting errors that after a Google search, said it was most likely to do with graphics card drivers.  So I booted into safe mode, removed the graphics driver, and rebooted.  All good so far, the PC boots back up fine.

I go to reinstall the graphics driver only to have the screen "turn off" half way through (at the time it seems to initialise the graphics driver). When rebooting the PC, it gets the Windows splash screen while booting, but then shows a corrupted version of that same screen and freezes.

I've tried multiple times, (using DDU and the AMD driver removal tool), but the same problem occurs.

0 Likes
1 Reply
mruffin75
Journeyman III

Update: Tried card in a different computer at work, same thing (crashes on driver install, Windows no longer boots correctly).  Plugged an RX-560 into my computer at home and that's working fine.

Have sent the card back for RMA.