Computer Type: Custom Built Desktop

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5600 XT 6 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

PSU: EVGA 600 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

Operating System & Version: Windows 10 Home | Version 2004 | Build 19041.985

GPU Drivers: 21.5.2

Chipset Drivers: Unsure with which chipset drivers are installed.

Background Applications: Discord, Spotify, Xbox game bar.

Description of Original Problem: The issue at hand: When playing any game, Apex Legends, Valorant, Modern Warfare and others after a few hours of gameplay the PC will have a green screen and then restart. It also happens when I am tabbing out of the game to a background app that is running like discord. This DOES NOT only happen during gaming as I have had the crashing issue happen while sitting idle at my desktop with no programs running in the background. This issue occurs at least once every day which is very annoying and frustrating to deal with. I know AMD drivers do improve over time so I hope AMD can fix this issue. Best way to replicate this issue is to play a game and try to tab out of the application to a background app such as Spotify or Discord and a green screen crash will occur. This issue was happening earlier in the year around January where I had someone tell me to wipe my ssd and reinstall drivers, the guy walked me through it all and the issue hadn't happened for months after he helped me. A few days ago my pc crashed (without a green screen) and I was greeted with the Windows error "Blue screen of death" and had to completely wipe my ssd and reinstall Windows, now the issue is happening again. I am no longer in contact with the guy who helped me the first time and I am completely lost on my own. 

Troubleshooting: One of the steps I was told by AMD support via email was to use DDU and install the latest AMD drivers which were 21.5.2 I believe. However, the issue still persisted after the clean install of the new drivers. 

0 Likes
0 Replies