Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

andreas_j
Adept I

RX 5600 XT not waking up from sleep

Hi,

Besides the system crashes the RX 5600 XT is giving me, I am also experiencing another annoying issue where the GPU won't wake up from sleep until I manually disconnect the HDMI and plug it back in.

So I use a docking station with peripherals plugged into it, when I switch between my laptop and PC, and then return to my PC, the GPU seemingly refuses to wake up and produce any video until I disconnect the HDMI and plug it back in, even then it may take multiple attempts of doing this before it reacts.

This behavior does not happen on my R9 290 also with the latest drivers.

I did report it using the survey page, however since you never receive any feedback, and I have had nothing but headache from buying this AMD GPU, thought I would create a support thread and hopefully receive some help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
andreas_j
Adept I

Spoke to some very nice support from Samsung, and after much help from their side it looks like the issue may lie with my old Motherboard, as I currently can't confirm it 100% I will simply leave that as the solution for my issue and look to upgrade eventually.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
andreas_j
Adept I

I have done some more testing and it seems the problem is specifically related to HDMI and my monitor.

If I use a HDMI cable from my GPU to the monitor and turn off the monitor it will not wake up when I turn it back on, however with Displayport it does work.... I also put up a secondary monitor and tried the same tests, and it does work.

So my conclusion right now is that my Samsung monitor has some problems with HDMI + my GPU. As I mentioned it works on my older GPU so something seems strange here. Going to contact Samsung next week.

0 Likes
andreas_j
Adept I

Spoke to some very nice support from Samsung, and after much help from their side it looks like the issue may lie with my old Motherboard, as I currently can't confirm it 100% I will simply leave that as the solution for my issue and look to upgrade eventually.

@andreas_j wrote:

No its a dead card and its a lie this card is trash

literally about to RMA my 2nd replacement as we speak and never touch AMD products again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZReJnoFyO9w 

Benq monitor and LG IPS same problems

0 Likes