Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mmsk29
Adept I

RX 5600 XT: Monitor "Input not supported" issue

Hi there,

I have recently built a system for the first time. All other things work fine except this really weird issue. So the problem is that with every cold boot,  the monitor will begin with a black screen displaying this message: "input not supported". Sometimes I will see post, other time the monitor will go straight black, either variations would lead to the same issue anyway. So far my current solution to this is a complete power down and reboot, which somehow would resolve whatever issues are happening during the cold boot, but the issue still persists after each cold boot. Also, this issue has been existing since the first day I assembled the system, and I have no clue whatsoever what and where to look at about this issue. I'd appreciate any information or thought regarding the issue you could give me.

The following are my attempts to troubleshoot the issue, but none of them were effective. 

1. Reinstalled Windows 10.

2. Installed the newest driver through AMD Adrenalin (Current Driver Ver. 20.4.2)

3. Disabled fast boot in bios.

4. Installed the newest chipset driver and updated the mobo bios to the newest version (Ver. 1405)

5. Updated the monitor's driver.

6. Tried to set boot with base video, no luck tho.

7. Reseated the GPU and both RAMs.

8. Resolution is set at 1980 x 1080 60hz 32 bits

9. Disabled CSM in bios.

My build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Gigabyte RX5600XT (TriFan)

Motherboard: ASUS Prime X570-P CSM

RAM: Corsair LPX Vengeance 2x8GB 3200mhz

PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 650W 80+ Bronze

Monitor:

AOC I2490PXQU 23.8 FHD IPS 60Hz

Thank you for your time and your attention. 

Matthew

0 Likes
1 Reply
RobinTX
Journeyman III

I have the same issue with my Son's gaming computer. A Ryzen quadcore with RX 5600XT. 

We have to use an older smaller monitor (19" 1920 x 1080 any time we want to see the BIOS, as the newer one shows - "Resolution Not Supported" - until Windows loads. Once windows is running the newer larger (27") monitor works fine.

AMD builds always win. Threadrippers rule
0 Likes