cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

BobMarley
Adept I

RX 5600 XT game crashing and blue screens

My PC specs: Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 XT, Ryzen 7 2700x, Gigabyte B450M Gaming, 8x2 Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz RAM, 240gb SSD, Windows 11.

For the past 2 months, nearly all my games (For example: R6S, Overwatch 2, CoD Cold War, Minecraft with shaders and high render distance) keep crashing and sometimes I get a blue screen. I think it always crashes while I'm on a match, not on the main menu. I can't even play the games. For example, R6S sometimes crashes 1-2 minutes after opening the game and rejoining the match. I have tried the both recommended (22.5.1) and optional (22.10.3) driver versions for the GPU but nothing changed. R6S gave me a warning about "unsupported video driver" for a few times even though I had the latest drivers installed, but I don't see that warning now. And when I play Minecraft with shaders and set the render distance to 64, sometimes it instantly crashes and when it crashes it shows a warning that says something about "unsupported (or 'not up-to-date' etc.) video driver" too.

There is 2 things changed in the last few months and maybe these can be the reasons but I really don't know:

1- I installed Windows 11. I installed it before the crashes started, like 3-4 months ago and I did a full format to C drive after the crashes started. I think the problem is the second one below but I tought I need to mention it.

2- I traveled with my PC using airplane 2 months ago (just before the crashes started) and you know, the workers sometimes can be merciless with the belongings while carrying and loading/unloading them. After the travel, I set up my PC and there was nothing on the monitor, just pitch black. It got several days to solve. I dismantled all the things inside my PC and reattached all of them back and the monitor problem solved. But now here is this one.

I'm not %100 sure if the problem is caused because of the second thing but I really think it is and I don't know how can I test it. I have done some stress tests with the GPU, CPU and the RAMs but nothing crashed. I'm really bored and pissed off, I just want to get this fixed.

0 Replies