cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

timur205
Adept I

RX 560 issue with latest drivers

Hello. I bought RX560 in 2020 and used drivers from 2019 I believe. 
Currently I updated drivers to latest version because some games can't even launch without them.
Games are starting now, but I noticed significant FPS drop in games. Horizon zero dawn had near 30 fps before and now it turned into unplayable 12-15 FPS. 
Also I started facing some crashes. Crashes happen if I use browser to open some sites. Crashes are usually happen on dark themed sites with dark colors.

1 Solution

I installed driver 20.7.2 and my gpu started working again. But this is a horrible solution and doesn't matter for me because as I said in my deleted(by amd mods) post, I bought a new gpu from nvidia and happy with it, because it doesn't have any issues with latest drivers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Are you streaming video at the same time as playing?

The release notes for the latest driver says there maybe driver timeouts on 500 series cards..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

Definitely more than a "maybe" here. RX580, tried upgrading to latest drivers last night - immediately started having almost constant driver timeouts, in one case before Windows even finished loading, or right after opening Firefox. Made most games unplayable and normal use of my system basically impossible.

Had to do a clean install of 21.6.1 to get things working again.

Hate to be a little hyperbolic, but this level of QA (or lack thereof) is ridiculous - yes, 21.8.1 is optional, but imho these drivers shouldn't be offered as updates at all for 500-series cards if they're going to break things that badly.

I installed driver 20.7.2 and my gpu started working again. But this is a horrible solution and doesn't matter for me because as I said in my deleted(by amd mods) post, I bought a new gpu from nvidia and happy with it, because it doesn't have any issues with latest drivers.

Have you assigned the high performance card to the game?

Screenshot_6.png

0 Likes