Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

PotatoMan
Adept I

RX 560 crashed driver amdkmdag

Hello!

The monitor is constantly turned off, only a long press on the power button and a forced restart helps. The system in the dump registers the amdkmdag.sys module with the VIDEO_ENGINE_TIMEOUT_DETECTED error and its code 0x141. During overclocking or gaming, everything is fine, it crashed most often during the absence of any loads (including immediately after turning on the personal computer).

Six months ago this was not the case, then it began to appear more often. And about a few months ago, after updating the Adrenalin 2020 drivers, it started crashing many times a day. Therefore, then I rolled back the update to an older one (the one that Windows Update recommends). There were fewer failures, but they still remained, so I destroyed everything using AmdCleanUp and installed Software AMD Radeon Pro instead of Adrenalin 2020 (especially since I'm just doing modeling and design). Through the Radeon software, the driver was no longer updated, only through Windows Update (although it is older there, but there are fewer failures).

Now I have everything in this position:

Motherboard - Asus P8P67

CPUID name - Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz

RAM - 16 GB

Power supply unit - 500 W

OS name - Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Monitors:

Dell SE2416H (HDMI)

Samsung S23B300 (DVI-D)

GPU - Radeon RX 560 Series - Main / Discrete

VRAM - 4096 MB - GDDR5 1750 MHz

Bus Type - PCI Express 3.0

BIOS Version - 015.050.002.001

Software Version - 2020.1027.1104.19925

Driver Version - 20.10.27.05-201027a-360165C-RadeonProEnterprise

Crashed driver: amdkmdag.sys

Bugcheck code: 0x141

Error: VIDEO_ENGINE_TIMEOUT_DETECTED

The rest of the data in the attachment (the report was created for opening WordPad) Drive Google

0 Likes
5 Replies

turning off you mean black screen or  ?  

if it is black screen lot of ppl have that issue and that coming form AMD gaming mode for the software 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHd0065duKE

you just need to do 5 step form this video to fix it 

1. download amd cleanup utility  https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

2. run it clean the driver 

3. download the last vision of the software https://www.amd.com/en/support

4.  make sure your click on factory reset when you are  installing AMD drivers  you can check that in that video 

5. do not choose gaming when you done choose standard option see if that help 

0 Likes

Mostly black or white screen with no warnings. Several times it was blue with the inscription VIDEO_ENGINE_TIMEOUT_DETECTED.
Thanks, I will try to do what you write, maybe it will help. But in fact, I did not switch modes, initially there was a "standard"

mode.JPG

0 Likes

ok make sure you do  factory reset and also if you use amd freesync turn if off 

I did everything as you wrote, thanks. So far there have been no failures. But you won't immediately understand whether everything is good. In addition, the official support of AMD answered me, the next attempt to change something will be according to their method.

If anyone is interested and needs AMD recommendations, please let me know and I will post them here.

0 Likes

please i need the AMD recommendations, mi rx560 crash :cccc

0 Likes