cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jackoM
Journeyman III

RX 5500 XT - No signal post-driver uninstall/reinstall

I was troubleshooting an error I kept getting while playing Destiny.  Long story short, I uninstalled the Radeon Software after reading that Windows will install their own drivers for the GPU which can cause conflict with the AMD ones.

Well things did not get better from there, and other games were now crashing.  So I downloading the latest version of Radeon Software and started installing.  

I'm not even sure if it finished or if this happened mid-install (I was looking at my phone, not staring at a progress bar...) but somewhere in there my monitors lost signal.  I could still hear and communicate with my friends in discord so I figured it was one of those normal instances where the monitors reset. But they never came back on, and I eventually lost audio to the apps I had running.

I let it sit there for an hour or so before giving up and hard shutting the PC.  Now I don't know what to do.  Any help is appreciated. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Boot the PC in safe mode and use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to completely uninstall Radeon drivers, boot into Windows normally and download the driver from the AMD Support page

View solution in original post

3 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Boot the PC in safe mode and use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to completely uninstall Radeon drivers, boot into Windows normally and download the driver from the AMD Support page

Thank you!  This was a huge help.  The only thing that we had to do before we could boot to safe mode and run the program was to disconnect the GPU from the PSU.  Then flushing the drivers and reinstalling cleaned things up. 

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

You're welcome

0 Likes