cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vialli762
Adept I

RX 5500 XT and Freesync Stutterings

Before, I used an RX 570 and everything worked perfectly with Freesync and Enhanced Sync. I recently purchased an RX 5500 XT and am bitterly sorry. I have already formatted my system, installed several versions of Adrenalin and still perform poorly when using Freesync.

I bought a monitor and an entire AMD setup, but I can't use the feature that the company exploits so much in its marketing. It's sad.

The stutterings are constant and the feeling of fluidity just doesn't exist. It's awful. I also have black screens recurrently.

Do I have a problem with my gpu or are the drivers to blame for this?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

enable freesync in the 3 or 4 different places and adrenaline app/game profiles to turn it on that it must be enabled. With freesync vsync often becomes unnecessary ensure all global software settings are disabled even the advanced settings and only set texture quality to high and tessellation to override disabled.

Enable VRR in windows 10 and hardware GPU scheduling if you've got it, you'd need win 10 2004 and maybe 20.5 beta drivers from AMD they literally say beta not optional i think?

ensure your display settings in windows 10 are set to a correct resolution your new monitor supports. Many monitors say 4k and 144hz.. but it cant do 144hz at 4k usually most of the time its only 144hz at 720p if its an ultrawide display and 60hz or so at 1080p. Some very expensive new DP 1.4 displays can do 4k 120hz or HDMI 2.1 TV's but other than that you may only be stuck with freesync enabled 1440p 120hz like i have currently for now on my samsung QLED TV (2018? Q7FN) though my TV does support 4k 120hz from what i'd heard and seen its maybe only via HDMI 2.1 which currently only xbox one X does?

and in advanced graphics settings ensure your displays "active signal" and "desktop res" are both the same and what you want and then click the "adaptor properties" to select refresh rate there.

You will also want to go into adrenaline display settings and ensure all your desktop/driver settings are 8bit and RGB limited or if your display and cables and resolution support and allow for it FULL RGB 444 or possibly ycbcr 420 or where applicable depending on resolution YCBCR 444 8bit. Its always best to leave your desktop and other things to 8bit as not all apps and desktop are designed to look good in HDR or 10bit or 12bit though at 1080p there should be plenty of bandwidth and 12bit or RGB48 looks great it will cause problems and maybe stuttering or issues if you are running apps or software that arent HDR or wide colour with them. If your game or application support 10bit HDR or movie player can do it usually you toggle it in the game or movie player settings it should just work for that game or app and hopefully not cause issues like flickering and stuttering. Ensure 10bit pixel format is disabled in your adrenaline global advanced settings. I like to use daum potplayer to play back 10bit hdr videos and kodi for audio. Ensure the black levels on your display are set accordingly too by pressing the remote control on your TV or the buttons on your monitor.

Try leaving vsync off in game too and toggle it on in game software and in the adrenaline profile for that game as enhnaced sync or classic vsync. 

DISABLE ALL OVERLAYS. even adrenaline has one in the settings, disable steam overlay, disable windows 10 game mode and gaming overlay. Disable uplay overlay, disable origin overay. You only need them if you are broadcasting for screen recording software I recommend setting adrenaline overlay on and configuring recording to HEVC and using "relive" adrenaline software to capture gameplay and "show performance metrics" in adrenaline if you want an overlay and stats to show FPS and temps and whatever instead of using questionable and highly unstable third party tools. Disable overclocking or different RAM settings too.

Try enabling XMP then lowering your RAM mhz down to 1866mhz and adjusting your RAM latency timings to the ones listed in the timing info for your RAM in bios. like CAS/TRAS/TRC/S,L/refresh cycles as listed in the timing info

you can maybe then look up how to get them lower for your RAM if its performance RAM and can overclock reducing latency can greatly help reduce stuttering. For best RAM settings you'll want to explore software like typhoon burner. It can greatly help with AMD ryzen CPU's as they're very high quality CPU design where the better RAM and hardware you use with them the better they go. The definition of a super computer is zero latency. If its not zero latency it isnt a super computer. So lowering latency in billionths of a second can make your system game much better and be less stuttery or laggy. Windows 10 will boot in several seconds apps will just appear no more of that loading nonsense but i've an NVME RAID that transfers many GB/sec and samsung EVO SSD or NVME seem to make your computer go ROCKET FAST with the right RAM and RAM timings. Cheap generic low quality RAM may not be as big a difference in performance as gskill flare x or ripjaws V or trident z neo or patriot viper or whatever. If its samsung B die its best but that costs a heap. you can get other decent ones but other than samsung bdie i dont remember them at all? micron E die and A die or something? I think the hynix one was super different sounding and absurd to remember. It costs lots more just for super buttery smooth low latency gaming for samsung Bdie but i paid the extra just recently so I can upgrade to a newer ryzen 4000 soon and will then see massive profit. Its awesome just with my 2700x right now. Or maybe even a RDNA 2 GPU if i somehow become a millionaire.my 5700xt is great for like a very very very long time though I love it. just i can imagine how much even better a newer RDNA 2 might be. Anyway 1600mhz RAM has a latency of like 2-4.. 3200mhz RAM has a latency of around 8.. its called "Double Data Rate"... does this give you any clues or hints? With lower mhz you can get your latency lower and set command rate 1T and disable gear down mode. This means that although the highe 3600mhz or 3200mhz RAM has more "instructions" and will say higher GB/sec transfer speeds or something.. its all fake intel nonsense.. You want to get the best gaming experience and super smooth gameplay you eliminate lag however possible reduce latency. 

In the bios your ryzen CPU maybe made to last decades but if u dont mind shaving a few months off its lifespan you can make it boost to highest mhz longer and stay at lower clocks less by enabling P.B.O. Precision boost overdrive. Its not really an overclock as it normally does those clocks its just usually it only goes max boost clocks in short peak bursts.

If you have original ryzen 1000 or a ryzen 2000 in a newer pcie 4.0 mainboard the CPU bus on a 2000 isnt PCIE 4.0 so you maybe need to set your PCIE to gen 3 and your PCI express lanes manually from 18x1 or 4x4 or whatever give those a try.

I used to use Antivirus software which slowed things down and caused massive lag. Now I just do what this guy does in the video here. Setting my antivirus to default windows defender and using the settings like this guy has disabling tamper protection and stuff but IMPORTANTLY REALTIME ON. is fine for me because if software is tampering with my files they maybe already got admin or can get it anyway so constantly verifying them to be untampered with is just massive lag. When the restorehealth or a "reset" or "reinstall" can solve any issues i'd encounter as Im just a casual gamer no work on this machine.

How To SPEED UP Windows 10 (VERSION 2004) - YouTube 

then I run sfc /scannow once in a while I just hold windows key press X key and click powershell admin and type it into there. Also DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth check for updates regularly in bios from mainboard vendor and GPU/x570 chipset and RAID drivers from AMD. I am running windows insider.

I disable system protection and delete the restore points and run cleanmgr.exe /sageset:65535 then cleanmgr.exe /sagerun:65535 (select all)  and run windows disk defragmentation tool to trim my SSD which speeds things up and makes SSD healthy as after a week or so of use old writes/deletes must be made neat again. Imagine if you are working on a whiteboard with those ink marker pens and after about a week of use of writing and erasing theres some smudges all over the board and it doesnt look nice and white anymore.. trimming is something like that i guess just a quick clean done before you know it but really helps?

Forgot to mention to tell you to run cleanmgr.exe from time to time and select "clean up system files" option as many windows updates and previous 'builds/versions' of windows massively slow down your computer and use up a heap of space. I also try to uninstall the unwanted apps from windows 10 like IE11 if its there or powershell 2.0 in add remove components and get rid of things i dont need. If you want to try alternative ways to squeeze performance out of your PC though not too recommended as you may need to undo and may cause some things to not work try disabling unneeded or unwanted system services in services.msc. You can also try opening explorer and browsing to your HDD/SSD C:\ or any other drive in your computer and right click it and go to properties and try unchecking allow drive indexing. Drive indexing is useful if you search for files regularly in your HDD you will still be able to search it may just take a moment to populate results. The drive indexing whenever a write is performed it will record additional info and search/seek data maybe for auto completion or some sort of meta data. The partition recovery and other features should still be working its only search/seeking related. Disabling drive index means it wont have to write twice as much things or read twice as many things for each file or bit of info so it can seemingly make your PC feel quicker with it disabled. If you've a 10bit HDR display of high quality like a samsung QLED i love setting adrenaline display settings custom color to higher saturation like 135 for video games 120 for HQ 4k 10bit HDR RGB48 and maybe higher for certain netflix titles as I play them in SDR with the TV native converting them and having the TV set to game console they first look washed out but cranking AMD's saturation slider almost all the way up makes them look what i feel can be as good as or better than actually changing over to WCG HDR.

Thank you very much for explaining it in such detail. I will follow the procedures.

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

You need to share the GPU and the monitor part numbers with the AMD team.
If there is an incompatibility problem, the software engineer is informed by the team and the problem is resolved by updating the driver.

Thanks for the info. I'll do it!

juanigrosso
Journeyman III

MSI RX 5500XT Mech OC  falla "Ruido Blanco"

Hola, ¿a alguien le ha pasado esto?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma_PF9sAj2E

La imagen se crashea repentinamente mostrando "ruido blanco" en un monitor (samsung f350) que es conectado vía cable hdmi.
Se supervisaron todos los componentes e incluso reemplazaron y la falla persiste, de la única manera que se soluciona es cambiando la tarjeta gráfica. Se hizo prueba con dos tarjetas de nvidia (asus y msi gtx 1650) y las dos funcionaron a la perfección con todos los mismos componentes.
También se hizo limpieza de driver, formateo de pc, cambio de frecuencia de monitor (59, 60 y 72hz) y con todas sigue fallando.
Destaco que en la casa de venta me cambiaron la placa, y comprobando que la misma fallaba, me entregaron una nueva que también hace lo mismo. ¿Quizás todo el lote de esta serie falle?

0 Likes