cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

JosephFelice
Adept I

RX 5500 xt 4gb black screening while trying to watch youtube videos on google chrome

Recently downgraded my graphics card from a msi rx 5600 xt 6gb to a sapphire rx 5500 4gb pulse edition and earlier I experienced back to back black screen crashes of the drivers. At the time of the crash I was on an html 5 chatroom and watching a youtube video on google chrome. Do I need to be on a different driver? Is the latest driver not good for this graphics card? I hope this graphics card isn't dying since I don't have warranty for it. I seem to only have issues with the driver crashing when it comes to google chrome. I don't believe I've experienced any crashing in video games but I haven't play any video game for like 3-4 hours straight. I probably played gta v for an hour or so occasionally. I've had issues with Sapphire brand graphics cards in the past. The only reason I have sapphire now is because I made a graphics card trade with someone plus cash because I wanted to buy stuff online. I don't think the card is dying but I need to hear another opinion. I am assuming it's driver related.  About two hours ago it black screen about 3 or 4 times in a row rapidly and kept warning me about the driver has crashed. I got scared and shut off computer. I really hope this graphics card isn't dying because Sapphire is very stingy and probably wouldn't repair this even if i paid them some money. I do not like Sapphire. 

Specs:

Amd Ryzen 7 3700 

Msi b450 tomahawk max motherboard

corsair vengeance 8x2 16gb ram

Sapphire rx 5500 xt 4gb pulse edition.

0 Likes
0 Replies