cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ToolpUnk
Journeyman III

RX 480, RX 580 and RX 590 Black Screen Under Load

3 PCS and the same issue... If I do not limit the FPS to 70 when the Game demands Full Load my screen goes Black.... I tried disabling Freesync and that worked for a while but soon it was back...

0 Likes
3 Replies
ToolpUnk
Journeyman III

The problem showed up with one of the newer driver updates and was band-aided using different fixes with each update afterwards... With the latest drivers causing the problem sooner and more frequent.... Going back to older drivers only made things worse as the issue is resolved only until Windows 10 installs a newer driver even if blocked by many means.... My PCs are capable of 100-160+ FPS on Ultra settings yet have to be limited otherwise BSOD.... In previous years I  have never had this issue  always running in the 100s+ FPS in all games...

0 Likes

I forgot to note in the Original Post that when the screen goes black all of the System Fans spin up to full and the PC stays running. I have to Hard Reset to get control back after Black Screen.

0 Likes
Recoil1
Adept I

Hi, I would just like to share with everyone the solution that I have found for the black screen/no signal problem with the Radeon RX 480 video card. This might not work for everyone but it worked for me. The problem resided in the card over heating so I removed the heat sink and fan and replaced the thermal paste on the GPU and also changed the thermal pads on the memory chips. This made a drastic difference even when the card is idle. I also increased the idle and max temps to help cool off the GPU. No I can finally enjoy gaming in Forza Horizon 5 without getting black screened. I hope that this helps someone else , god knows that it's a frustrating problem. BTW this will void your warranty if you still have one. You do this at your own risk!!! Happy gaming all!

0 Likes