cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

j_e_s_k_o
Adept I

RX 480 crashing, black sreen

My card has been crashing repeatidly for the last two days. The screen turns black, everything shuts off for a seconds a then goes back to normal. It happens with pretty much every program so it doesnt seem to be a program based iusse.
The newest drivers (21.3.2) are installed aswell.

Anyone who has a similiar iusse or can give me a tip on how to fix it?

0 Likes
5 Replies
AMDaily
Adept I

you see also driver timeout message sometimes ? 2nd reply because of this :), its mentioned in amd driverupdate notes, last drivers make this timeout error, they know about at rx4xx and rx500, not fixed yet. i guess u have this prob, like me. the drivers don't work perfect. also i have green flickers for some seconds when video resolution switch to native sceen resolution in youtube and other. 

Yes, the popup suggest thats it is a drivers error. So the newest version isnt stable with this card? Thats not good.

0 Likes

no, it's not stable and it's for sure no powersupply issue, because i use currently one PWS wich provide 1.5 KW, i used this thing for mining and it can run six rx480. i have one more issue with superresolution, now it's working only on my monitor, i have also a beamer and a tv. with older drivers it worked on all three. i already reported it to amd with the report form within the driver. when i have issues i do a clean install with amd cleanup utility, so this is also not the reason. let's hope they will fix this issues soon.   

0 Likes

Is there and older driver I can use in the meantime? I have to work with Adobe software and I cant do that with the crashes.

0 Likes

Yea, probably the fastest way to get a working system, i will downgrade too. I am not sure wich was the last working version. I suggest to try one of the recommended WHQL dirvers. I will try 20.9.1 first.  

https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/radeon-400-series/radeon-rx-400-series/rade...