cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

customer45
Journeyman III

rx 460's fans don't spin after waking up from sleep

I turned off zero rpm in wattman. The fans spin fine when I reboot, but they don't turn on again if I put computer in sleep mode and then wake it up. The GPU is working, but it's just the fans that have a problem.

0 Likes
2 Replies

You need to disable fast startup...this can cause these issues.

The Pros and Cons of Windows 10’s “Fast Startup” Mode 

How to Enable or Disable Fast Startup

Deciding whether to bother with Fast Startup actually takes longer than turning it on or off. First, open up your power options by hitting Windows+X or right-clicking your Start menu and selecting Power Options. In the Power Options window, click “Choose what the power buttons do.”

power options

If this is the first time you’ve messed with these settings, you’ll need click “Change settings that are currently unavailable” to make the Fast Startup option available for configuration.

available options

Scroll to the bottom of the window and you should see “Turn on fast startup (recommended),” along with other shutdown settings. Just use the check box to enable or disable Fast Startup.* Save your changes and shut down your system to test it out.*

fast startup

If you don’t see the option at all, it means hibernation is not enabled on your machine. In this case, the only shutdown options you’ll see are Sleep and Lock. The quickest way to enable hibernation is to close the power settings window and then hit Windows+X and open Command Prompt (Admin). At the Command Prompt, type the command:

powercfg /hibernate on

After turning hibernate on, run through the steps again and you should see both the Hibernate and Fast Startup options.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reponse, kingfish. I appreciate the help, but I'm using win7 and don't have fast startup. I should've said that earlier.

All I'm doing is putting the computer to sleep with everything working, then a few minutes later I press a button and the computer wakes up with 0 rpm.

0 Likes