cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

TasoFroo
Adept I

RX 400/500 series + video playback = total disaster.

I've already seen a couple of requests on this topic, but honestly, what the heck is going on with the drivers? it's been a month now that my RX560 and RX 580 have this problem, I thought they were failing because of the time (but they were always well taken care of until today). but no, i contacted friends and university classmates who have AMD graphics and it is a persistent problem with the same symptoms (flickering, artifact, drivers timeout) but only when playing video. everything else works fine (editing applications, games, daily use programs) the only solution only for youtube was to use an extension that limited the videos to work at 30fps and 720p... it works, but the video quality is pitiful. how can a dedicated graphics card fail in its most basic function? not to say that anyone would expect the drivers for the 400/500 series to be "mature" by now?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Disable hardware acceleration in the browser:

Screenshot_5.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SteelRaven
Journeyman III

A bit off as the lastest driver 21.3.2 fixed flickering/driver freeze/black screens on my dual screen setup. I have MSI RX 480 RX. My only problem with GPU is that they broke Blender Eevee rendered again. It worked an update ago.

My RX580 has no issues at all...are you talking about watching videos (like Utube) or replaying videos you recorded?

when watching videos only, on any platform (Youtube, Twitch or similar) just watching a video there is flickering then driver timeout and seconds after that message the screen fills with artifact to finally restart.

0 Likes

Disable hardware acceleration in the browser:

Screenshot_5.png

after experimenting with your help, everything is going well. My other friends and colleagues also saw the problem solved, even so this is a problem of drivers right? hopefully AMD can solve it in time, although in the notes of the latest driver appeared that the 400/500 series had a problem with watching videos for long periods of time. possibly in the future a solution is given.

thank you very much, on behalf of all of us.

0 Likes

This is not a new issue/problem. As processors and graphics cards meld with features that can be disabled....this is one of them. That is why the option is there. Game On