cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MrBlasty
Journeyman III

Running Radeon-Software-Adrenaline to install drivers causes unworkable stuttering [XFX Radeon 5700]

I was playing Squad for 4 hours until it crashed. I was coming off at that time anyway and saw there were windows updates. I updated and shut down.

The next day all visuals and audio had a regular stutter several times per second. I tried installing latest drivers but Adrenaline was unable to finish (left for 6 hours). Adrenaline took a very long time on chipset, on removing old drivers and never moved past 00:28 seconds left of the new driver install. I tried again with a different driver but same thing.

I tried restarting but the PC was unable to restart (BSoD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE).

I tried DDU which successfully removed the stuttering and gave me the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver. And when Internet was reconnected installed what it states is the AMD Radeon RX 5700 and most up to date version (21/08/2020). Still no stuttering. But as soon as I run adrenalin again the stuttering comes back.

I have tried a tonne of other stuff too including re-installing windows from hard drive but nothing is working.

I am very new to this so please go easy on me- really keen to learn and receive whatever wisdom you can throw at me, and ofcourse desperate to get the graphics card working properly.

XFX Radeon RX 5700 XL Dd Ultra 8GB

0 Likes
0 Replies