cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colesdav
MVP

Re: Running Radeon Pro Software on Radeon Cards - what is the advantage of this?

colesdav
MVP

Re: Running Radeon Pro Software on Radeon Cards - what is the advantage of this?

Also read this: https://drivers.amd.com/relnotes/amd-radeon-pro-software-for-enterprise-19.q1-no-vdi.pdf

It says this: 

AMD Radeon™ Graphics Support Starting in 19.Q1, AMD is including Radeon products in our Enterprise driver. This is being done in consideration of the fact that enterprises use both professional, commercial, and consumer hardware. This driver is recommended for Radeon hardware being used in commercial use cases with productivity applications. This includes users who need to review CAD data as part of their workflow. It is not recommended for gaming. Workstation performance, features, and application certifications do not apply to Radeon hardware and no end user benefit will be observed without Radeon Pro hardware.

AMD Radeon™ Product Family Compatibility
AMD Radeon™ RX Vega series
AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 64
AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 56
AMD Radeon™ RX Vega Frontier Edition
AMD Radeon™ RX series
AMD Radeon™ RX 590
AMD Radeon™ RX 580
AMD Radeon™ RX 570
AMD Radeon™ RX 560
AMD Radeon™ RX 550
AMD Radeon™ RX 540
AMD Radeon™ RX 530
AMD Radeon™ RX 470
AMD Radeon™ + R series
AMD Radeon™ R7 430
AMD Radeon™ R5 240
AMD Radeon™ 535

colesdav
MVP

If I look at this: 
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-pro-win-19-q1
It does not mention Radeon cards.in the compatibility list.

Only Radeon Pro and Radeon Frontier edition cards are mentioned - both of those cards had "pro" drivers anyhow.

colesdav
MVP

Finally see this: https://drivers.amd.com/relnotes/amd-radeon-pro-software-for-enterprise-18.q4.pdf
It was the first pro driver I saw that can be installed on RX Vega 64, according to the above pdf, which is why I installed it.in the first place to try it out since the latest Radeon Pro 19.q1 will not install...

goodplay
MVP

Perhaps fsadough can help with "what is the advantage....". 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 7000s 2tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro..
colesdav
MVP

Thanks.

The RX Vega is definitely included in the detailed pdf install notes for both

AMD Radeon Pro version win10-64bit-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-19.q1.2-mar29- installer fails on RX Vega 64 Liquid.

and

AMD Radeon Pro version win10-64bit-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-18.q4-nov5 - installer works on RX Vega 64 Liquid.

Comparing the Driver versions installed, the OpenCL driver version number on the Pro software installation look significantly different and higher version number versus the version on Radeon Adrenalin 19.4.3.

OpenCL Driver Versions:

Radeon Pro Driver = 24.20.13026.0
Adrenalin 2019 19.4.3 = 10.0.2766.5

It would be interesting to know the differences in the OpenCL version.

Thanks again.

fsadough

• What is your Device ID?
  • What is the 102-xxxx part number on the card?
  • What is your BIOS Partnumber 113-xxxxx?
  • Is there any specific reason you are trying to install a Pro driver?
colesdav
MVP

Here is some of the information I have from Radeon Settings:

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Built by AMD
Graphics Chipset - Radeon RX Vega
Device ID - 687F
Vendor ID - 1002
SubSystem ID - 0B36
SubSystem Vendor ID - 1002
Revision ID - C0
Bus Type - PCI Express 3.0
Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 3.0 x16
BIOS Version - 016.001.001.000
BIOS Part Number - 113-D0500500-104
BIOS Date - 2017/08/11 17:31
High Bandwidth Cache Size - 8176 MB
High Bandwidth Cache Type - HBM2
High Bandwidth Cache Clock - 945 MHz
Core Clock - 1750 MHz
High Bandwidth Cache Bandwidth - 483 GByte/s
Memory Bit Rate - 1.89 Gbps
2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0001
OpenGL® API Version - 4.6
OpenCL™ API Version - 2.0

RE: What is the 102-xxxx part number on the card?
The GFPU is installed at the moment - I will check later - its an XFX RX Vega 64 Liquid though ... if that helps:
AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 64 HBM2 8GB 3xDP HDMI Liquid Cooled - RX-VEGMXWFXW 

RE: Is there any specific reason you are trying to install a Pro driver?
Yes there is a specific reason I am trying to install a Pro Driver.

pastedImage_1.png

colesdav
MVP

RE: What is the 102-xxxx part number on the card?

It looks like it is 102-D050

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Hi fsadough 

A few questions

(1). Is the win10-64bit-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-19.q1.2-mar29 driver supposed to be able to install on an RX Vega 64 Liquid as stated in the detailed release notes for the software?

(2).   Should I file an AMD Reporting Form and email support case?

(3). Can you please let me know the main differences in the OpenCL Driver on win10-64bit-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-19.q1.2-mar29 versus Adrenalin 2019 19.4.3.

Thanks.

0 Likes