cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colesdav
MVP

Running Radeon Pro Software on Radeon Cards - what is the advantage of this?

Hi,

I just tried installing AMD Radeon Pro version win10-64bit-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-19.q1.2-mar29 on an RX Vega 64 Liquid after running DDU in safe mode and rebooting into normal mode with no internet connection.

That version of the software just sits there "Checking for new drivers" and does not install.

So I tried installing this version instead: win10-64bit-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-18.q4-nov5

Here it is installing.

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

I have a few questions about this to follow..

53 Replies
colesdav
MVP

Re: Running Radeion Pro Software on Radeon Cards - what is the advange of this?

First Question - on Reboot I see the following - it looks like standard AMD Settings has been installed, not a Radeon Pro Driver:
pastedImage_1.png

Looking at System Information I see the following:
pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

So ...it doesn't look like there is actually a Radeon Pro Driver that will run on an RX Vega 64 Liquid.
It just looks like if the Pro Driver Installer detects an RX Vega 64 Liqiuid it is installing an old version of Adrenalin Driver.. 

No Radeon Pro features are enabled.
I will now see if the version win10-64bit-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-19.q1.2-mar29 once I have installed the above.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

OK this time when I try to install the latest "Radeon Pro" driver I see this:

pastedImage_1.png

Here we go again I selected a custom incremental install, since the installer will not proceed if I try clean install:

pastedImage_2.png

This time it asks for a restart:

pastedImage_3.png

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

On reboot I see:

pastedImage_1.png:

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

It looks like all of the driver versions are the same if I install win10-64bit-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-19.q1.2-mar29 or win10-64bit-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-18.q4-nov5.

Second Question - Is something wrong here or is this driver intenionally just smoke and mirrors?

Thanks.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Next I will look to see what happens if I install latest 19.4.3 driver.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

AMD Radeon Pro version win10-64bit-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-19.q1.2-mar29 installer sits here for ever and does not proceed.pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Here is what I see with the Adrenalin 19.4.3  Driver.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

I file AMD Reporting form to say that AMD Radeon Pro version win10-64bit-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-19.q1.2-mar29 will not clean install on an RX Vega 64 Liquid and that incremental install looks wrong.

0 Likes
Ray_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Running Radeon Pro Software on Radeon Cards - what is the advantage of this?

The Pro drivers are only supported on Professional graphics products and the Vega Frontier Edition and Radeon Pro.

From the 19.Q1.2 release notes:

pastedImage_1.png