cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vladdt
Adept I

RT 5700 XT - my last AMD card I've bought

Guys, your programmers are **bleep**. Stability of your drivers are incredible!

Getting: Display driver amdwddmg stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

But not every time, no. Only on boots. But if it start to happened - it going endlessly. After couple of reboots - can play the whole day.

No, please, don't send me idiotic advices about reinstalls, DSU, registry keys. I did them all. All possible variants. Supierstable on my old R 7970 and was superstable on 1070. You just have a **bleep**ty programmers AMD. 

1 Solution
Kirsebaer
Adept II

I believe AMD cards/drivers soft crash so instead of the entire system getting a BSOD, the driver will perform a recovery and show such an error message. But it might be a hardware issue causing it. Someone please correct me if this is incorrect, this is what I read somewhere.

But there are lots of bad cards out there, with poor memory cooling or unstable factory OC. Just take a look at the Asus Strix 5700 XT. https://youtu.be/H7lnBCFnBok

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Kirsebaer
Adept II

I believe AMD cards/drivers soft crash so instead of the entire system getting a BSOD, the driver will perform a recovery and show such an error message. But it might be a hardware issue causing it. Someone please correct me if this is incorrect, this is what I read somewhere.

But there are lots of bad cards out there, with poor memory cooling or unstable factory OC. Just take a look at the Asus Strix 5700 XT. https://youtu.be/H7lnBCFnBok

Thanks! I suspected even this, but how to be know for sure? :((( 

First - I've bought 5700 XT as soon as it was released. And also AMD Ryzen 7 2700X with Asus X470-Pro mb. First one has retail design with turbine from XFX. And it start to crash from the beginning, way worse than new one. Also - right after boot. So I return this one, and bought Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8G. Meanwhile, while I waited new card - I sat on old R7970. And the system was superstable! Then I received Gigabyte one, with good cooling system. Even more, I changed thermal grease to the best one. So far I have no temperatures more than 70 on stress tests. I thought it was maybe my old PSU. CoolerMaster Vangard 700W gold. So I've bought Asus ROG 850, but the problem still stays. When I changed my MB I've installed Windows anew. And I even have this Q-WORD registry key TdrDelay. 

Problem is - all this happened at first boot, or after sleep mode! If I reboot my PC 1-2 times, problem is disappearing. I can play games for hours, run any stress tests, work with Vegas Pro - everything is stable! Only on boot this **bleep** happened. But with like 80% of all boots. This is super annoying. I thought to buy 6800 as next GPU, but now I'm seriously thinking about take 3080. 

0 Likes

I disassembled my card. Removed stock thermal pads and thermal grease. Replaced it with the best on the market. Same **bleep**.

And now 21.5.1! And same strange annoying crashes, fixing by 1-2 reboots. AMD! As much as I love you drivers, I think next my car will be from Nvidia. 

0 Likes

It really could be very **bleep**ty assemble of the card. :0 Despite I've checked everything, and never seen memory or chip overheat. I put 1mm Arctic thermal pads on each ram module, to replace something **bleep**ty they putting on the factory. And so far - 1 week without crashes. FFS, how bad cooling design could be? When Samsung or Xiaomi will start build GPU's? 

0 Likes