cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Re: RSOD - Crossfire and 15.7, 15.7.1, 15.7.1 Hotfix 1 & 2 and 15.8 drivers on select games/applications on Windows 10 x64

Jump to solution

Thanks for your post aytacaksel​. What application are you using to lock your clocks? Are you locking your CPU clocks as well?

Can you confirm what bug check code, string and crash address is being reported by Windows? You can find this information easily by using BlueScreenView by NirSoft or WhoCrashed by Replendence Software.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: RSOD - Crossfire and 15.7, 15.7.1, 15.7.1 Hotfix 1 & 2 and 15.8 drivers on select games/applications on Windows 10 x64

Jump to solution

i used ClockBlocker software first, but i found another way to lock core clocks. its in afterburner settings;

unofficial overclocking mode = without PowerPlay support (u have to underlock or overclock at least +/-1 mhz for this option work)

disable ULPS = checked (if you are on crossfire this is disable ULPS for 1. gpu only, search regedit for ULPS and set them to 0)

so, after this setup , uninstalled ClockBlocker and my clocks are locked and no more fps drop issue.

but our pirimary problem is RSOD. i dont have any clue why thats happen. just i know if i launch fallout 4 with crossfire sometimes thats happen, not always :/

i didnt check my cpu clocks but i dont think they are under 4.7ghz when play but let me try. i can disable speedstep or set %100 usage only in windows.

i cant confirm bug check code because i dont using that software but i am sure its same issue, i never see redscreen crash before use amd card.

thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

I will try Clockblocker but I did edit my vBIOS previously to try and force constant 3D clocks and it didn't help.

The fact that your RSOD occurs randomly makes me think that the issue you are experiencing is different to the one outlined here when using Windows 10. I can consistently reproduce the RSOD, it is not random at all.

That's why I requested you use BlueScreenView or WhoCrashed. They are very small programs that read the Windows error dump files that are created whenever a red screen or blue screen occurs in Windows. There are many reasons for Windows to RSOD/BSOD. The bug check will tell you exactly which driver/application caused the RSOD/BSOD and what memory address the caused the crash. If the memory address is random, one of the possibilities is that you're looking at vRAM or RAM issue, if it is consistently the same like I am experiencing it's most likely software related.

There's no need to adjust your CPU clocks at this point. It's clearly CrossFire related judging from your posts and the bug check report will help you understand exactly what's going on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

i found my problem was cpu overclock. tryed analyze dump files and fount it. thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting your feedback aytacaksel​​, it's much appreciated. I'm glad you found the root cause of your problem. Unfortunately for those who are experiencing the issue outlined in this thread it will not resolve our issue as we are not running an overclock.

I am actually running a separate clean install of Windows 10 with everything running at default with nothing other than Windows updates, the latest drivers and 3Dmark installed to rule out any possible contributing factors.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

The new Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2  driver still exhibits the consistently reproducible RSOD/BSOD.

The RSOD/BSOD can still be worked around by using the AFR Friendly Crossfire profile.

Bug Check String  : SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Bug Check Code    : 0x1000007e

Caused By Address : atikmdag.sys+34881 (consistently the same for Crimson 16.2)

Crash Address     : atikmdag.sys+3498a (consistently the same for Crimson 16.2)

amdmatt​, @ray_m

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

The Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1  driver still exhibits the consistently reproducible RSOD/BSOD.

The RSOD/BSOD can still be worked around by using the AFR Friendly Crossfire profile albeit with graphical anomalies on certain games such as flickering, washed out effect, etc.

Caused By Address : atikmdag.sys+34881 (consistently the same for Crimson 16.2.1)

Crash Address     : atikmdag.sys+3498a (consistently the same for Crimson 16.2.1)

amdmatt​, ray_m

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

The new Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3  driver still exhibits the consistently reproducible RSOD/BSOD.

The RSOD/BSOD can still be worked around by using the AFR Friendly Crossfire profile albeit with graphical anomalies on certain games such as flickering, washed out effect, etc.

Caused By Address : atikmdag.sys+35661 (consistently the same for Crimson 16.3)

Crash Address     : atikmdag.sys+3576a (consistently the same for Crimson 16.3)

amdmatt​, ray_m

In addition the "Show CrossfireX Status Icon (where applicable)" is no longer present under the Additional Settings->Crossfire tab. It can be found under the Global Settings

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Jump to solution

The new Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.1  driver still exhibits the consistently reproducible RSOD/BSOD in Windows 10.

Caused By Address : atikmdag.sys+35661 (consistently the same for Crimson 16.3.1)

Crash Address     : atikmdag.sys+3576a (consistently the same for Crimson 16.3.1)

Interestingly, I am getting the same crash error with RSOD/BSOD in Windows 7 intermittently and I cannot reproduce it consistently like in Windows 10. The crash address atikmdag.sys+3576a is exactly the same in Windows 7 (x64).

amdmatt, ray_m

In addition the "Show CrossfireX Status Icon (where applicable)" is no longer present under the Additional Settings->Crossfire tab (since 16.3). It can be found under the Global Settings

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Re: RSOD - Crossfire with Catalyst / Crimson drivers on select games/applications on Windows 10 x64

Jump to solution

The new Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2  driver still exhibits the consistently reproducible RSOD/BSOD in Windows 10.

Caused By Address : atikmdag.sys+35671 (consistently the same for Crimson 16.3.2)

Crash Address     : atikmdag.sys+3577a (consistently the same for Crimson 16.3.2)

amdmatt, ray_m

0 Kudos