Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DimitrisP
Adept I

Root cause of latency

Hello all,

I have a completely fresh installation of windows 10 pro and I have kept only the mandatory apps.

My HW config is:

MSI X570 A-pro

Ryzen 7 2700X

2 x 8 GB Corsair DDR 4 3200

Samsung 960 evo M2

Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ 5700XT.

All latest drivers from motherboard site (chipset, Ethernet, etc but also the latest from AMD or Realtek) and AMD Radeon 20.12.1 (but also all the previous versions).

The problem I have is that I have latency in the online games and I cannot verify if the latency comes from the system or from the network.

I have to say that all the tests that I have performed on the network are looking perfect and even better than my teammates'.

I have pingplotter running and no obvious problem is visible. Slightly better ping that the rest of the team, no packet loss, no jitter. Even the game ping tool has better results compared to others.

On the other hand, the PC looks very powerfull for this game (Warface). My mates play with much much lower spec PCs.

The problem is that the others see me 200-700ms earlier that I see them. When I see them, they have already fired 5-10 bullets and then I start shooting so I usually die earlier.

This has been discovered by parallel video capturing playin against each other and compared the videos afterwards.

The question, how can I verify where really the lag (latency) resides, in the network or in the PC?

Latency monitor shows some DPC latency, which I do not know if it is normal or not. What ever I do with the isntallation of the OS and the drivers this DPC latency is there.

I have to say that there are certain periods either hours or days where the problem disappears and the performance is excellent.

Any ideas are more than welcome, because I ran out of other things to try.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
11 Replies