Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

noscalping
Adept II

ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING BIOS 4602

Version 4602
20.68 MB 2023/03/14

"1. Update AGESA version to ComboV2PI 1208
2. Mitigate the AMD potential security vulnerabilities for AMD Athlon™ processors and Ryzen™ processors
Before running the USB flashback tool,please rename the BIOS file (SX570EG.CAP) using BIOSRenamer"

What is AGESA and ComboV2PI 1208?

And does this help gaming performance and stability in any way?

0 Likes
5 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Is your system stable? Do you have any complaints at all?

If its not broken, dont try to fix it with an update. 

Might help with system stability if you already have issues, at this time the X570 is pretty much in a mature state about CPU support, so I doubt this can bring any performance bump.

If you still want to go ahead because of Security reasons, have a further read how to proceed with the update, normally they recommend setting BIOS to default before the update.

After the update, you can flashback to old bios but get a USB pen with the said stable BIOS before. Just in case something terrible happens and you need to use the flashback button. 

The Englishman
0 Likes

"Might help with system stability if you already have issues"

Yes I am having issues with stability/performance when streaming. My system freezes for 20-30 seconds every 20 minutes or so. I am not sure if its my GPU maxing out or the CPU maxing out. But I thought maybe flashing the BIOS would help with it. But I haven't exhausted all options of troubleshooting that so I will hold off on flashing until I have. And even then there's other things I can try.

I remember I bricked a motherboard on an old build so I am not going to do it unless I absolutely have to.

0 Likes
Dragokar
Miniboss

AGESA stands for: AMD Generic Encapsulated Software Architecture

ComboV2PI 1208 is the version used in this UEFI and it fixes some security issues mentioned there.

https://www.amd.com/en/resources/product-security/bulletin/amd-sb-1029.html

https://www.amd.com/en/resources/product-security/bulletin/amd-sb-1031.html

TumKo
Adept II

You need to use, ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING BIOS 4021 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.3 Patch C. If your processor 3000 series. If your processor 5000 series use the latest

0 Likes

I'm already on 4408. Why would I go back to an older version?

0 Likes