cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

google61
Adept I

Right drivers for my laptop?

I have Lenovo G510 with AMD Radeon HD 8570M. Problem is that my drivers were old, and I decided to install newer version to run some software. But, that old drivers were from manufacturer website so they are fit perfectly to Win10 (Also don't get me wrong, they are really old, from 2015 not a single update! They are... Crimson, I think?). Well, I did the clean reinstall - deleted everything related to AMD (using DDU), and then installed latest 18.1.1... And after that my 8570M won't work: yellow sign in Device Manager and AMD Settings gives me the error "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.".

Also, through DDU I disabled automatic drivers update for video card that install Windows Update (to be aware that strange things won't happen).

So, what should I do?

P. S. Please don't tell me to use that old manufacturer drivers, I already told - becuse of 'em I can't run some apps

0 Likes
1 Solution
google61
Adept I

Well, problem has been resolved by uninstalling drivers with DDU and allowing Windows to automatically download right drivers. No more that yellow sign. However, another problem came up, I think I should create new thread for that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
google61
Adept I

Oh, forgot full information:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • AMD Radeon HD 8570M
  • Laptop
    • Lenovo G510
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline Edition 18.1.1
  • CPU
    • Intel Core i5 4200M
  • RAM
    • 4GB
0 Likes

Follow the AMD Forum's advice on how to update your Intel/AMD Laptop: Laptop graphics update...How to

This link from Intel shows the latest Intel I5 4200m Drivers download including Graphics: Downloads for Intel® Core™ i5-4200M Processor (3M Cache, up to 3.10 GHz)

After updating your Laptop with the latest AMD/Intel Graphics and Chipset and it still doesn't work, you may be stuck with the 2015 drivers unless Lenovo updates them. Contact Lenovo Support.

google61
Adept I

Well, problem has been resolved by uninstalling drivers with DDU and allowing Windows to automatically download right drivers. No more that yellow sign. However, another problem came up, I think I should create new thread for that.

0 Likes
arbuzno
Journeyman III

unfortunately your solution doesnt work. 2xRX570 and 1 HD6950 here

0 Likes

You sound like you have a Desktop whereas Google61 is using a Laptop. Maybe you need to elaborate more on computer specs and problem.

Your configuration needs two different drivers - one for the legacy HD6950 and one for the RX570's. This configuration is not supported since there is no common driver that can be used between these two graphics card models.