cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mariojp41
Journeyman III

RGB ring of Wraith Prism doesn´t turn on

Hi, I recently bought an AMD Ryzen 7 2700X that came with a Wraith Prism fan included. The fan is connected correctly. I installed the Cooler Master software to control the LEDs. Everything worked correctly until from one day to the next, the ring led did not light up. Since then I have connected the fan to other inputs, unplugged it, etc. But it still doesn't work. Can somebody help me? Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

If the CPU Cooler is working fine and maintaining the Processor's temperature without overheating then it depends on how much importance you give to LED lights that has no function except as a cosmetic one.

If you believe the CPU Cooler is defective after troubleshooting to get the LED to work than you can open a Warranty Request to have it replaced.

If the Wraith came bundled with your processor you can always open an AMD Warranty and see if they believe it is defective (LED wise) and replace it under warranty as long as it still isn't under warranty with the Retailer you originally purchased the processor and CPU Cooler. Otherwise you will need to open a Warranty ticket with the Retailer first.

You can find out about AMD Warranty from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Is this AMD thread currently running similar to yours: https://community.amd.com/thread/253108 

I do not have that problem, I can continue to change the color of the fan LEDs minus the ring that does not light, otherwise everything works correctly.

0 Likes

If the CPU Cooler is working fine and maintaining the Processor's temperature without overheating then it depends on how much importance you give to LED lights that has no function except as a cosmetic one.

If you believe the CPU Cooler is defective after troubleshooting to get the LED to work than you can open a Warranty Request to have it replaced.

If the Wraith came bundled with your processor you can always open an AMD Warranty and see if they believe it is defective (LED wise) and replace it under warranty as long as it still isn't under warranty with the Retailer you originally purchased the processor and CPU Cooler. Otherwise you will need to open a Warranty ticket with the Retailer first.

You can find out about AMD Warranty from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

The fan cools perfectly, but it bothers me a little that it does not have LEDs on the ring, so if someone can help me with this issue without having to open a warranty, it would do me a great favor, but it is not a serious problem either. Thank you.

0 Likes

check the cables are all properly configured and setup

I have the same cooler and I use the available RGB header for the LEDs

0 Likes

All cables are perfectly connected, I have even moved them, I have tried other connections, but nothing. I have contacted the Cooler Master support and he told me that the led may have broken. Thank you very much anyway.

0 Likes