cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

star-affinity
Adept II

Reproducable: RX 5700 XT, no video (black screen) after the third wake from sleep

I have a RX 5700 XT (Gigabyte Gaming OC) and a DVI display connected to one of the three DisplayPorts via a DisplayPort to DVI adapter (from HP Inc.).

With driver 20.4.1 in Windows 10 I can sleep and wake the computer two times fine, but the third time I get no video on my display and the computer seems to crash (can't lit up caps-lock on the keyboard) requiring me to force restart.

I asked a guy on a different forum if he could reproduce this on his hardware, also connecting a DVI display via a DisplayPort to DVI adapter and he could – same thing there, so it seems it reproduces consistently not only for me.

We should be able to use an older DVI display with the RX 5700 XT, right?

I haven't tried using the HDMI port with the DVI dispay, but I also need that port for connecting to a TV, so not really an option.

Edit:

It seems fixed since I installed the Windows 10 version 2004 (May 2020 update) and Adrenalin driver 20.5.1! Not sure which of them (maybe both?) is responsible for the fix, but it seems there's no more instabilities for me when waking from sleep.

0 Likes
1 Reply
star-affinity
Adept II

I'm in Windows 10 version 2004 now (May 2020 update) and the Adrenalin 20.5.1 driver and the problems seems fixed! I've put the computer to sleep and wake several times no and the display comes back fine and no crashing. Not sure if the fix has to do with the driver from AMD or the Windows update, but so far it seems the problem is gone.

I'll update this thread if I bump into the problem again.

0 Likes