cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

joecrow
Elite

Repeat install request driver 18.10.1

My guess is this is a further instance/issue of the 18.12.2/3 saying there is a new version available, however in my case it concerns an older driver and it a real problem rather than just a nuisance.

Here is what happened:-

I decided to try out version 18.12.3 but ran into some resume from sleep issues and decided to go back to the last driver I knew was ok which was 12.10.1 but although I used DDU and disconnect from the internet for all the uninstalls/installs, now whenever I start up or restart the system I get a screen asking me to install the video drivers see attached screenshots.

I have turned notifications off but it made no difference and because this screen comes up on top it is interfering in the auto start and the gui of an important app. It is a real nuisance there must be some way to get rid of it but how, it was not there prior to the install of 18.12.3 so something from that is still around despite the DDU clean.

Help anyone???????

Win 10 x64 1809 (though also with 1803)

Mobo Gigabyte GA-990xa-ud3 bios ver FD

CPU amd FX 8350, 8GB ram

GPU RX 460 2GB

0 Likes
1 Solution
joecrow
Elite

Doing a clean uninstall of 19.1.2 with the latest DDU (18.0.08) then installing 18.10.1 now works without problem. The 18.0.08 DDU seems to have fixed it. I can now try out the new drivers without fear of having an unwanted notification screen appearing on every reboot if I have to rollback to an earlier version.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
saynt614
Journeyman III

I have the same damn problem.

12.12.2 and 12.12.3 introduced that new fan curve that doesn't work at all.

After rolling back to 12.12.1 every time I boot into windows the window pops up as if it's about to install the latest drivers.

0 Likes

Just tried again using the latest DDU (18.0.0.6) no change though. This is indeed a damn nuisance, we urgently need fixes for the multiple problems reported here in the forum with 18.12.2/3 particularly as NOW rolling back to older versions  is no longer a viable option.

0 Likes
joecrow
Elite

Exactly the same problem with 19.1.1!!!!!!!!!!!*****

0 Likes

Still the same problem after using the latest DDU (18.0.07) to uninstall 19.1.1.

0 Likes

No change with 19.1.2 uninstall and 18.10.1 re-install!!!!!

0 Likes
joecrow
Elite

Doing a clean uninstall of 19.1.2 with the latest DDU (18.0.08) then installing 18.10.1 now works without problem. The 18.0.08 DDU seems to have fixed it. I can now try out the new drivers without fear of having an unwanted notification screen appearing on every reboot if I have to rollback to an earlier version.

0 Likes