cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fr3nki
Adept II

Ren'py games dont work with new drivers

Hi ,does anyone else have problem launching Ren'py games after installing Adrenalin 20.4.2(WHQL) before using this one i had Crimson 16.12.2 (WHQL) and all was great .Now when i double click any game it crashes on start and leaves this log.txt file , can anyone tell me please how to fix this without doing driver rollback?

0 Likes
5 Replies

Your log files doesn't show any errors that it encountered that I can see.

Ren'py has a Forum that you might want to post your question and see if anyone else is having a similar problem as you are having: Lemma Soft Forums - Index page 

If you are using Discord to run Ren'Py then go here: https://discord.com/invite/6ckxWYm 

What exactly happens when you try to launch the game?  What exact errors shows up?  Does it crash before even starting up or after it starts?

Please you need to post your computer information to get more help especially your Make & Model of your Motherboard, GPU and CPU and Windows version and your have installed.

Hey thanks for replaying i did ask on forum(no replay there) and discord ,on discord i talked with renpytom(think hes developer) he said that problem is with interface and that error is prob due the Adrenalin trying to inject something

My config : win 10 64bit ,Phenom II x6 1090t ,Radeon RX 470(driver Adrenalin 20.4.2 (WHQL)) ,6gb ram

Problem: I double click exe of game , Game starts for a brief moment i can see it in task manager but it closes almost immediately showing no error and in same folder with exe file i have new file called log.txt

0 Likes

If you don't have problems with any other games except Ren'py then the problem is with AMD Driver and the game itself.

So either the game would need to come up with a patch to make it work with the latest AMD Drivers or AMD would need to adjust the driver for that specific game or type of games.

Try installing AMD Previous drivers and see up to which versions work and which versions it stops working to let AMD Support be aware of that fact.

Here is AMD Previous drivers for the RX470: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/radeon-400-series/radeon-rx-400-series/rade... 

Try the oldest one first version 19.12.3. If it works then try version 20.2.1 and so forth.

Once you find out the last AMD driver that works with the game open a Online AMD Service Request (Official AMD SUPPORT) from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

I'm trying to avoid this rollback thingy , is there a way to have 2 drivers installed for same GPU so then i can chose which one to use?

0 Likes

Nope.

Only one driver per GPU.

Follow this basic method to remove the current AMD driver and install the new AMD Driver to prevent conflicts:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

0 Likes