Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

blooooooooo
Journeyman III

ReLive Videos Playback Issue

My first forum post here

No ReLive recorded videos will play on any media player. I get this error when using Movies & TV:

Can't play.

This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt.

0xc00d36c4

Graphics card: R9 390

Desktop

Crimson ReLive 16.12.1

Display: Acer XR341CK @75hz 3440x1440p

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3

CPU: Intel i5 6500

PSU: SeaSonic S12II 620W

16GB RAM

Please help.

0 Likes
12 Replies
blooooooooo
Journeyman III

Re: ReLive Videos Playback Issue

Bump. I really need help with this and I seem to be the only person with this problem.

0 Likes
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

AFAIK, Relive records in the Quicktime format. 

You appear to be missing the codec, so I'd suggest you install Quicktime and see if that helps.

0 Likes
harbinger-one
Journeyman III

Same problem here. Even after installing Quicktime, I still have the same issue.

Specs:

i7 4790k

R9 390

16GB DDR3 2400MHz

Win10 64-bit

Crimson Version 17.2.1

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

I would try Shark's codecs....haven't found anything it wouldn't play > ADVANCED Codecs for Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7

If you have any other codec installed, delete it first.

0 Likes
happyschwagg
Journeyman III

I had the same issue, the codecs didn't work for me.. then I noticed that each recording, regardless of length was only 262kb in size, so i figured the issue was with the files themselves.

I changed the recording resolution from "custom game" to 1440 and it started working immediately.  I'm not sure if this is caused by my 3440x1440 21:9 display not being supported somehow, but recording in 1440 does actually produce playable files, even if they are double letterboxed.

LOL I just double checked the op and I have the exact same display, so maybe his issue is the same as mine.

basardius
Journeyman III

I also have the XR341CK and have the exact same problem!

0 Likes
koko31
Journeyman III

Same problem here.R9 390...Help!!!!

0 Likes
jdrobinson314
Challenger

Go into the recording settings and change the resolution to match that of your game - set a reasonable bitrate, framerate, etc for you video quality relative to those settings.

You may want to use 30fps if you're not getting a consistent 60fps in game.

0 Likes
koko31
Journeyman III

Nothing...so frustrating because i had good frames with the gpu screen recorder..

0 Likes