cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zehdonut
Journeyman III

ReLive slight audio desync

The Relive Instant replay audio will sometimes end up having a slight delay (about 100ms).

I've had this issue since the very first Relive driver.

I have tried this while recording at 720p, 1080p and 1440p. All at 60fps and 50Mbit/s. The audio bitrate is set to 192kbps.

Graphics card: R9 Fury X (Sapphire)

CPU: Core i7 2700K

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68x uD3H B3 (revision 1.3, latest BIOS)

Ram: HyperX Savage DDR3-1866Mhz 16GB

PSU: Corsair RMx 750W

Driver version: 17.5.2

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: ReLive slight audio desync

Is it just Instant Reply or does normally recording have a delay?

0 Kudos
zehdonut
Journeyman III

I recorded 20 clips in different games to test this, none of them would desync, unless I tabbed out duringthe recording process.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you avoid alt tabbing out of the game while recording then?

0 Kudos
zehdonut
Journeyman III

I can, but that's recording which I don't have much use for. I'm concerned about the instant replay, which seems to desync even when not tabbing out.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

In the OP you say sometimes, have you been able to figure out why sometimes it works okay and sometimes it doesn't?

I've not seen any similar reported issues, so I'm wondering if this is local to your system.

0 Kudos
zehdonut
Journeyman III

I haven't found any consistencies so far.

Tried it with a PCI soundcard as well as my onboard sound, at different resolutions and refresh rates, different drives and drive types (HDD/SSD/SSHD), none of them seem to change this.

I have also tried this with 2 different graphics cards (both were Fury Xs from Sapphire, unfortunately I don't own any other cards that support Relive)

Edit: To specify my previous claim "I'm concerned about the instant replay, which seems to desync even when not tabbing out.":

Alt-tabbing definitely is one reason for this (All clips saved after the first time tabbing out of a game will desync), but it also happens on roughly 1/3rd of the clips where I didn't tab out yet.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please wait and try our next available driver updates to see if the issue gets resolved.

Meanwhile if anyone experiences this same issue, please let me know and share your feedback.

0 Kudos
zehdonut
Journeyman III

Is there any ETA on the next driver yet?

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

No, other than when it's ready.

0 Kudos