Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

neukolnn
Adept I

ReLive overlay will not open on fullscreen game

Hello,
Recently on 19.1.1 ReLive completely stopped opening during fullscreen/borderless windowed games, specifically Forza Horizon 4. If I attempt to open ReLive using the hotkey (alt + Z), it very clearly opens underneath the window (in this case, Forza) and locks the cursor in place. I have to press the hotkey again to get the overlay to close. My question is: why is this happening? What has suddenly caused this? I performed a complete wipe of my drivers and reinstalled 19.1.1 (I've had trouble installing optional drivers, this is ALWAYS an issue, AMD. ALWAYS.) and frankly I'm not sure where to go from here. This issue cropped up out of NOWHERE about a couple of weeks ago. I'll appreciate any assistance, thank you:

GPU: RX 480 XFX

CPU: i5 6600k

Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E

Radeon Software Version 19.1.1

Thank you for any help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Sorry for the delay. I recorded some videos of various tests I ran on this. They are still uploading.
I see no problem yet on DDU clean installed Adrenalin 2019 19.3.2. when desktop resolution matches game resolution on Windows 10 64bit Pro with latest updates.
I tested what happens if I:
(A). Alt+Z or Alt+R  to turn on the Radeon Overlay before launching Forza Horizon 4. ReLive with Desktop Recording on.
(B). Alt+Z or Alt+R  to turn on the Radeon Overlay after launching Forza Horizon 4. ReLive with Desktop Recording on. 

I looked at increasing display scale and layout settings in Windows 10 since I know that messes up Forza 4 Horizon game display:
pastedImage_1.png

However that did not cause problem with the Radeon Overlay.

Are you using Virtual Super Resolution or are you running the game at different resolution to the desktop resolution?
Thanks.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hi,

Could you expand on what you mean by "complete wipe of your drivers"?
Did you use DDU?
I will take a look at the behavior on Adrenalin 19.3.2 and see how the Overlay is working on a similar system.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hey colesdav,

Yes, I did use DDU, my apologies for not being specific about that. I've decided that I'm going to attempt to upgrade to 19.3.2 again now and see if that makes a difference, but I did try upgrading to it earlier tonight and it failed to install properly. I'll report back with any findings.

Thank you very much for your speedy reply, by the way.

0 Likes

No problem.
Did you make sure to disconnect from internet before running DDU in Safe mode, Reboot into Normal mode, install the Adrenalin Driver, reboot and then reconnect to the internet?
If you stayed connected to the internet whist installing the Adrenalin Driver the installation might be corrupted.
Thanks.

I was connected to the Internet during the process, and that must've been the issue. Installation of 19.3.2 went perfectly fine, and now the ReLive overlay works on Forza and multiple other games it didn't work on earlier. Thank you very much for the assistance!

Well, I left my computer on overnight, booted up Forza and exact same issue persists now. I'm completely stumped. The overlay appears underneath the game and locks the cursor so I can't control the game unless I close the Overlay again. Is there any way to fix this other than putting the game into windowed? It's just so strange the overlay worked fine last night and now it's doing the same thing, even on 19.3.2.

0 Likes

Hi, 

I am looking at it now. will report back what I see within ~ 1 hour.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Sorry for the delay. I recorded some videos of various tests I ran on this. They are still uploading.
I see no problem yet on DDU clean installed Adrenalin 2019 19.3.2. when desktop resolution matches game resolution on Windows 10 64bit Pro with latest updates.
I tested what happens if I:
(A). Alt+Z or Alt+R  to turn on the Radeon Overlay before launching Forza Horizon 4. ReLive with Desktop Recording on.
(B). Alt+Z or Alt+R  to turn on the Radeon Overlay after launching Forza Horizon 4. ReLive with Desktop Recording on. 

I looked at increasing display scale and layout settings in Windows 10 since I know that messes up Forza 4 Horizon game display:
pastedImage_1.png

However that did not cause problem with the Radeon Overlay.

Are you using Virtual Super Resolution or are you running the game at different resolution to the desktop resolution?
Thanks.

OK so having VSR on and desktop at 1080p 100% and launching the game and trying using the Radeon Overlay to turn  Desktop Recording on and start recording is clearly a problem.
pastedImage_1.png
I try again.

Hi,

I just tested Forza Horizon 4 with Desktop Res at 1080p and Game running at 2K.
I tried killing AMD Settings processes, and restarting them. and then relaunching the game.
I tried log out and back into Windows 10.
I tried creating a desktop shortcut for Forza horizon 4 and adding it to the AMD Settings games and using the launcher to launch Forza Horizon 4.
I cannot repeat the problem you see.

I was however looking at peformance of Shadow of the Tomb Raider on this post:
R9 295X2 Fps Drop all game! 
In that case on shadow of the Tomb Raider (launched from AMD Settings) if desktop res at 1080p but game run at 2K using VSR and I try to Alt+z or ALT+r to show the overlay the game minimizes and I go to desktop with the Radeon Overlay Showing on the desktop.
The problem does not occur if desktop res = 2K and and Game Res = 2K.

So something is wrong somewhere.

Note that sometimes in Forza Horizon 4, Alt+z or Alt+r puts the game into "game settings mode" or pauses the game for me.

Bye.

neukolnn
Adept I

Hi,

Sorry for my late reply as well. But that was the issue! I must've turned VSR on by accident at some point -- when or how, I don't recall -- but I had absolutely no idea it was even on. After turning VSR off, things are running smoothly now. I apologize for the inconvenience on my part, thank you very much for the help!!

Hi,

OK no problem.

Next step is for you to file an AMD Reporting Form please in the hope that someone in AMD will look at the issue/bug with Radeon Overlay so it can get fixed in a future release also. Use please use the following form to submit a report.

pastedImage_1.png

You might also want to use the Problem Report Wizard. It will generate an HTML file with information that can help debug.
pastedImage_2.png
Finally you could open an email support request here: Online Service Request | AMD 
and send in the html file if you are ok with the content.

Please note that AMD have fixed many issues I had previously reported regarding the Radeon Overlay and the Radeon Performance Overlay in the Adrenalin 2019 release. I do not think the above efforts will be a waste of your time.

I will file a report about what I see on Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
I will also check out Forza Horizon 4 a few more times over next few days using Adrenalin 2019 19.3.3. driver incremental update.

Cheers.

0 Likes
intimid883r
Journeyman III

Gentlemen

I tried everything mentioned above with no success, however out of desperation, I was starting to think of outlandish things that might cause the problem. Did a Clean install of drivers, clean install of all games, nothing seemed to work. Then I remembered a problem I once had with OBS and tried that solution. BINGO problem solved and it was so simple.

May not work for anyone else, but is certainly worked for me. Simply turn OFF windows Aero Peek. 

Control Panel

System

Advanced system settings

Advanced tab

Settings button

UNCHECK ENABLE PEEK.

Good Luck, hope this works for you.

0 Likes