cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tauheed009
Journeyman III

Re: Relive Not Recording Desktop Audio.. Period

Facing the similar issue. I have two output devices connected with my computer.

1. Speakers connected to built-in soundcard.

2. Corsair HS60 Pro Surround Headphones connected via included 7.1 surround USB sound card. 

The problem is

Gameplay recording, instant reply, desktop recording all work fine as they should when I have selected speakers as output device in windows (clicking on the speaker icon in taskbar and selecting the device you want the sound coming from) Video and sound are recorded properly.

But when the headphones are selected as output device there is no sound whatsoever in any of the recording.

I've tried changing the Audio capture device in AMD Radeon Software settings. But the problem remains same.  

Currently on latest Software version 20.4.2

kinghuthman
Journeyman III

Hey man I made an account just to reply to you and a few others. I have been having this problem for a few months as well and finally decided to search the interwebs to see whatsup. There's no video that solves both issues and a lot of the videos incorrectly tell you to stop capturing audio? Weird. Nonetheless hope this helps you and others https://youtu.be/c2AjneCEsCw

userx1
Journeyman III

Hello everyone, I wasn't able to save audio in the video recordings as well. After 3 months, I think I have tried everything that was out there and here. Not any of the solutions seem to have complete parts to solve or share the details you need to understand what's happening. Here it is. 

1 In the sound control panel, I disabled all the sound devices in both Playback and Recording but the headset I'm using

(So the headset I'm using is registered as the default device, default communication device, and the default recording device) And in Radeon Software pick Default(your headset or speakers if you're using)

2 In registry editor run as administrator, Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\DVR modify and make sure AudioInputCaptureEnabled and AudioOutputCaptureEnabled is set to 1 not 0. Save and Restart after. 

3 Not all types of programs are able to playback the video with the sound that's been recorded, probably it has something to do with the audio recording file type, but the QuickTime Player will be able to play with the sound. 

This solution wasn't there so I wanted to get it out there since so many people seem to be having this same issue and this solved mine.  

0 Kudos
rsproduxx
Journeyman III

Hey guys... I have the similar problem, just with a little twist... I use an XLR Microfone with an USB-Mixer as audio interface. That setup works perfectly fine in any recording software such as OBS-Studio... In ReLive, first i couldn´t record the microfone, the game sound was recorded... latetly neither of both are recorded. I tried some things today (again) and finally managed to at least record the microfone while on desktop, no game running... But as soon as i started a game, no sound recorded at all...

Now here´s the funny thing: Although my main output device is "Speakers Realtek High Def. Audio", Radeon ReLive only shows my USB Mixer as soundsource... i can switch around the settings in windows as much as i want, it doesn´t change.
But the USB-mixer is solely used as an INPUT device for microfone and guitar

The only conclusion i can come up with is: Radeon ReLive hates USB sound-devices... I really wish i could get it to work, since OBS has a much harder impact on my framerates... When i used my old microfone directly plugged into the soundcard, ReLive was my goto capture software.. i really hope the Radeon devs can fix this, since all my software i am using, be it DAWs, OBS,  or even Discord have absoltely no issues with detecting the different devices and set them up properly... 

0 Kudos
kazybear
Journeyman III

Ok I found a legit solution to this problem, all you have to do if you have the void pros is change the audio output to stereo, add a mic boost and make the mic volume anything above 50, preferably 100!!

0 Kudos
cojoman_
Journeyman III

So, guys. What worked for me:

1. Open the Radeon Software app, and while it is open, right click on the sound icon > and select Open Sound Settings 

pastedImage_1.png

2. Scroll to the bottom and click on the App volume and device preferences

pastedImage_2.png

3. Now look for the Radeon Settings: Host Service app and select the output and input device that you want it to record

pastedImage_3.png

I have a Speakers + Headphones setup and I have the Speakers as default device and I manually set the games that I play to output the sound through my headphones, and the Radeon Software recordings were always only recording my mic and speakers output. 

Hope this helped you guys, gl!

0 Kudos
ipatchyouup
Journeyman III

I had the same issue, but i resolved in 10 mins:

My headphones use THX audio, to use it i need to select thx spatial audio as playback device. Apparently Relive doesn't support that kind of thing, so i just selected my soundcard as default, and it fixed. Just (like cojoman_ mentioned earlier) go to audio settings, advanced and select your most reliable device (some that doesn't use Thx, Dolby or something like that) as default for Relive Host. If necessary you can plug a mic-audio Splitter (or just a 3.5mm cable) in the back of your MoBo (almost every 3.5mm headsets need one to get plugged into the MoBo[see bellow]), and select Realtek audio for ReLive, just be sure you plug the Splitter in the right way (don't confuse mic [pink] with Audio [green]), this only applies if you use a USB headset or you have an I/O panel 3.5 mm jack.

20201008_010842.jpg

Headset Splitter

I hope it fixes your problem!

Have a nice day and stay healthy.

Jakuri
Journeyman III

This is still unacceptable. It's been an issue for many years. The assumption that everyone uses only the 3,5mm out or hdmi from monitor for audio is simply wrong.

If you have an usb audio device, you cannot select that device for audio in radeon settings or get sound from that in recordings.

The only solution available to me is to use virtual cable, and set my sound output through the virtual input, which acts as a microphone in windows. This however does not allow for me to record an actual microphone at the same time, since that would be way too crazy. It's 2020, we can't have multiple audio inputs at the same time yet, the technology isn't there (yeah...).

If this isn't resolved by the time I'm looking for the next gpu, I'm going to have to go with nvidia. I want to support AMD, but this overlook just isn't worth it. It would be so easy to fix but nothing is done.

0 Kudos
Panda1
Journeyman III

Thank you so much was struggling with this problem for a while and I found this on google and thought this looks promising and it was you’ve helped me fix this issue that I’ve been having

0 Kudos
Raichor
Journeyman III

Thank you so much, this fixed my issue after several days trying to troubleshoot. I'm using a Razer nari which outputs to THX synapse which was the default output device for windows and presumably what Relive was attempting to record. Setting the output device for AMD Host application to "Headphones(2-Razer Nari - Game)" fixed it for me.

0 Kudos