cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

relive isnt working with any version of drivers on my rx 570 from asus

ever since ive had this card(which really hasnt been a long time) relive has never worked for some reason. but for my HD 7870 it worked before i uninstalled the drivers for the new rx 570.

i installed the latest drivers which were 18.5.1 at the time and i cant get radeon relive or radeon overlay to work.

there is no indicator at all and keybinds do nothing at all. i can switch the toggles all i want and nothing happens.

FYI: im not using MSI Afterburner for everyone about to say that, but i am using ASUS GPU Tweak II that came with my gpu

Specs:

CPU: Intel 4570

GPU: Asus Expedition RX570

RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz

0 Likes
7 Replies

Asus Tweak/Afterburner are both third party controllers. Neither work well with AMD/Wattman settings and controls and cause these type issues..

Delete it entirely from your computer. Reinstall the AMD driver of your choice using a clean install > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

defaul radeon wattman settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure rx480 8gb

0 Likes

alright so i did what you suggested me to do with DDU and uninstalling ASUS Tweak2 and still no success with Radeon Overlay/Relive

I just dont see why on my 570 relive doesnt work but on my HD 7870 it does

0 Likes
atlasminor
Challenger

Which Asus mobo

and

Which Windows-OS you running ?

AMD releasednew drivers for 1803 starting at 18.4 Adrenalin , reLive wont work on 1803 Desktop unless running another build. If you list the build i always got time to look through the boards for info, but if 1803 i know you should be using 18.4, wouldnt mine knowing which relive too, is it the Relive via the boxed software or Relive from website... ?

0 Likes

sorry for the late reply but its the Gigabyte z97x-ud3h rev 1.1

but i highly doubt thats the issue as relive on my HD 7870 even after the update it was working

0 Likes

also yes i do happen to be on the 1803 Windows Build

0 Likes

Renaming of folder's , recreating of accounts has been the issue with windows-10 since release.

Unless you have Win10 in the erpiremental VM, which also is broken mostly, you currently will not beable to install drivers correctly until certain containers are returned back to system control

If your still doubting my advice, take a look at your windows/system32 folder, find your AMD files, take ownership of those. Thats just the begining, i too am on 1803 and when taking about this, it wont matter what build your on or hardware.

I asked which OS, you say 1803 what? Home,Pro, Enterprise? HELLO

If your not using a custtom PE version of windows or on the Edu. Edtion or using the fancy Extreme Business edition not for consumer sell's, my statement will always be a problem.

I tried to help, Until you confirm you can actually install/save to your windows folder without problems, your never going to solve the issue.

Its not ew news what i refered to, you could be on fast track insiders 19.xxxx it wont matter.

FYI, AMD released 18.4 to address issues with the build it self. Your trying to install a driver package suite not for 1803,

GL

0 Likes
atlasminor
Challenger

Try this :

This account is 2 levels above the actual built in that are of normal use:

I cant go into specfics of whats allowed/disallowed on it take a year

press START type Po, mouse over powershell and press ( ctrl+shift + left clikc mouse)

Should open the actual admin powershell that isnt attached to panels 3,4, or 5 billion other that are broken.

To Enable

Net user administrator /active:yes

Then

Password

Net user administrator YourPassword

Its not something you loginto, this will be created from your current login account. Signout it should now be on the locksceen. What ever you do, dont break it or anything inside it, this is not a conspirecy theroy or anything, i just know you be laughing Return System back to System controll, meaniung get your actual installer /folders/ and files under your permissions, unistall the broken driver's cleanup ALL BEFORE DELETING THE OLD ACCOUNT

Delete your old account, Reboot and Recreate another admin account from THERE

after your done, and not breaking stuff inside that one, Logout and back over to your new account, go through the setup phase repeat power(shell) TYPE:

To Disable

Net user administrator /active:no

Logout.

Should be gone reboot

0 Likes