cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Relive headaches Overlay not working & producing 1kb video files.

Thanks for the update, glad you got things working a little better. I find it strange that FDDshow fixed that issue. I wonder if somehow something on your OS has become corrupt or damaged, it seems the most logical reason at the moment.

I have an Elgato too, you can ignore it being detected as a video capture device. It won't interfere, that just allows you to select a web cam.

Game mode should not cause the issue, i have it enabled and use Relive without any issues.

0 Kudos
preed
Adept II
Adept II

I have tried the MS tool that detects errors and currptions in the OS. That came up with nothing.

I did remember something else I had done between my inital 17.6.1 test and the ones I did for you.

It was that I had decresed the screen bit-depth from 12 to 10.

I wanna do a couple of tests on the 12 setting and see if it produces 1kb file size.

Over the weekend, I have a spare HDD just around, so I might a new install of windows on it.

I must admit, I am tempted to do a test install of Windows 10 on it and also windows 7.

I figure with windows 7, I can setup with the same drivers and see if its an OS, Software or Hardware issue.

preed
Adept II
Adept II

Update.

I just used a spare HDD to do a test install of Windows 10.

The Windows 10 was downloaded directly from the Microsoft website and has Creative update pre-installed.

All that was installed was OS, Drivers (17.6.1), Origin and Mass Effect Andromeda.

Xbox DVR was turned off.

ReLive overlay works on the desktop.

But still does not work in either fullscreen or windowed in game.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for trying a clean install. I would recommend waiting for our next driver update to see if that resolves the issue.

I'll keep an eye out for any similar issues with the Overlay not working. Did you change the default hotkey by any chance?

0 Kudos
dini
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

You said wait for the next driver update which was July 27 and this issue just started happening to me after that "fix". Fresh windows install, fresh drivers install. I would say my specs but honestly it is not needed seeing how it was working perfectly fine till yesterday. I have not installed anything because this is a brand new PC build so I haven't installed anything since I got it up and running.

0 Kudos