cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lordstreetguru
Journeyman III

ReLive Broken on all drivers for RX 5700/XT GPUs?

Just did a fresh install of window for the RX 5700 I got in today. It works fine in every way, except that ReLive is totally broken, sometimes I can get it to hook into the game, but that's currently just failing, the overlay in game is extremely laggy or non functional depending on the driver.

The biggest issue is not being able to use the replay feature, as it causes the game to turn into a black screen if you alt-tab out of a game. It can sometimes be saved by manually clicking into the game window(no border mode) but we really shouldn't be having any of these issues on a $350-450 GPU.

My RX 580 handled this without issue, so I hope this gets resolved soon lest I end up returning the RX 5700 and just seeing what else comes out. Currently on 19.9.2 but it seems like people have been reporting the issue with the previous drivers as well.

Also Eposvox wants you to fix your other media encoding stuff outside of hevc. Would be a nice back up if that worked properly anyways given that ReLive is currently broken.

Tried DX11 vs 12 already for this as well and it's more certainly a driver level issue.

0 Likes
7 Replies
lordstreetguru
Journeyman III

I also tried to record with OBS using HEVC and it can't actually stop recording, I got it to work once on the 19.8.2 drivers and then never again, not sure what the issue is. Already tried reinstalling everything, not sure why AMD isn't putting more work into their major features.

Changing to display capture rather than game capture seems to be working for now. Though the highest quality I can get is QP 30 at 4k 60fps, with a capped frame rate in GTAV. Which looks good enough I suppose, but nicer is always nicer.

Hoping all of these issues can get worked out in the next round of drivers, though it's already been like 2 months? and years with the amf encoder?

0 Likes

Have any re-tried with the 9.9.2 drivers? I'm about to record a game with Relive and report back. I had no issues StreamlabsOBS, but haven't tested OBS yet.

0 Likes

If it manages to hook in I can use Relive on 19.8.2, but if I ever alt-tab out of the game, that's when it breaks, and alt-tabbing is something I assume people do all of the time for most games.

0 Likes

While you are recording or live streaming? I never alt-tab out while recording though?

0 Likes

I mainly just capture game high lights with instant replay, or if I'm doing longer recording it's in sections of a single player game so the footage is broken up for easier sorting/editing. So I'm constantly starting/stopping and hopping around my PC to rename files so I don't lose track of what I have for later.

I think I can alt-tab without instant replay enabled, and not have ReLive break, but I haven't gone back to test things yet since OBS is working fine.

and you're likely to alt-tab during a live stream to change OBS or what have you.

0 Likes

Fullscreen or Windows Mode? While recording with Relive?

0 Likes

Borderless windowed, again the only real issue is not being able to alt-tab out of games, outside of that it works fine most of the time for me with 19.8.2.

0 Likes