cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

spectrert
Adept II

Relive Audio Stuttering

Hi everyone, hoping to get some help here. 

In short:  When I use AMD Relive to record video/audio (game replays, etc) lately i've been getting this really annoying and terrible stutter.  It makes audio impossible to comprehend. 

I've made no changes to my system, this issue just cropped up between driver updates.  I've tried rolling back, but the issue persists. 

I've checked around for common solutions, and none of them worked for me.  Here are my system details, thanks in advance for any assistance.  Happy to provide more details as needed, recordings, etc. 

- CPU:  i7 7700k

- Memory:  16gb

- Drive:  Seagate 500gb SSD (50% storage available)

- GPU:  RX480 8GB

- Driver:  18.2.3

- Audio Playback:  Steelseries Arctis 7 (2 channel 16b 48000hz)

--- Realtek Digital:  2 channel 24bit 48000hz)

23 Replies
spectrert
Adept II

Here is an audio clip taken from a Player Unknown Battlegrounds clip. 

https://vimeo.com/258854824

The audio issue is rather obvious.  Thanks again for any help.

0 Likes
astrix_au
Elite

Do you have Xpadder installed, it was causing something similar. I used it to be able to bind push to talk in Relive to my Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick. I no longer run it and Relive now records without issue.

0 Likes

I do not

0 Likes
bubboteam
Adept III

same problem, i have R9 200 series and it works all before the update 1.18 I do not really have words on how AMD is handling it, now it's been two months, several updates and the problem has not been solved yet

0 Likes
x0c0lait
Adept II

same problem since 18.1.1 but it seems that AMD does not feel like fixing it.

a tip, use the OBS studio for your recordings / retransmissions and stop using the relive that does not give more than problems, I've been using it for a couple of months and so happy, as I say AMD does not seem to have any interest in fixing this problem.

0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, you're probably right.  I've had so many AMD issues lately.  Wondering why I still even bother.

0 Likes

however, obs does not have the function to create clips

0 Likes

Driver 17.12.1 doesn't have the audio issues from ReLive gameplay capture.  Every other new driver up to 18.3.1 has the issue with the exception of 17.12.2 which I never tested.

0 Likes

17.12.2 works fine too, is from 18.1.1 up to the current version.

0 Likes
spectrert
Adept II

Bumping; do any AMD/ATI employees ever check this?  Help please?

0 Likes
disi
Adept III

Same here!

Nothing else to add, I wait until there is an update to Relive before testing again.

Just to proof a point, I have complete different hardware. This is a problem between Relive and the driver only.

AMD 1800X

AMD Vega 64

Realtek Audio -> not used

Logitech Headset

Thanks for letting me know its not my hardware disi

0 Likes
astrix_au
Elite

Check out this thread seems to be a issue with Relive mic recording. AMD ReLive Video Recording Audio Distortion

0 Likes
joza_seraf
Journeyman III

Hello

I have also the same problem with relive, as I started to record some replays etc. in WOT.

My gpu is RX480 4 GB Nitro+

Drivers are 18.3.2

For like last 3 months I have problems with recording audio, desync of audio, choppy sounds etc.

Is there any solution for this? I'm trying to find it everywhere but it doesn't work. Also tried OBS and it works fine, audio and video but it takes a lot of resources from my PC.

0 Likes
diddydjenko
Journeyman III

I had audio-stuttering issues too, when recording a replay of my games and I could solve them by adjusting my microphone settings. Before the microphone had 44100hz as standard format and the playback(speaker) had 48000hz. I changed the mic to 48000hz and that solved my stuttering issues. Now the video and audio is clean.
You find these settings by going to the win-taskbar -> rightclick on speaker -> sounds -> playback (or recording) -> rightclick on your device -> properties -> advanced.

0 Likes
0v3rkill
Adept III

same problem here wow, a  lot of people have this

0 Likes
jo3yization
Adept I

Yo,, I had the same issue and managed to fix it through a combination of the changes described here: AMD ReLive - 20.2.2 - Audio Stutter Fix March 2020 - YouTube 

Matching bitrate alone did not fix it for me as it appears there are multiple causes that can trigger the stutter.

0 Likes

I dont have the same problem as the guy on the youtube video. My problem is completly different. My problem is fixed with going with 19.12.1 or the first of the year of 2020.

0 Likes
stagefatality
Journeyman III

I am also having issues with sound corruption. It seems no matter what settings I touch; Windows, Radeon software, or otherwise...no dice.

Games in question don't matter, the issue is the same, but here's an example of it happening in Doom '16.

0 Likes

yes, your problem on the other hand IS what most are having and it's easily fixed by going with driver 19.12.1  One or two people already confirmed it in my thread here https://community.amd.com/thread/249560  try it out and let us all know. I did and it's working 100% no problem. I also let AMD know about it and they said to continue using 19.12.1 until there is a fix.

0 Likes
nakilon
Journeyman III

So this is 2 years old and still not fixed?!

Red Alert 2 - vs 1xHard 2xNormal - 48:52 (almost lost at 19:00) - YouTube  -- here I have the same issue and then the sound disappears at all.

Delver - YouTube -- and here it was not recording but streaming but the same issue and it gets even worse, see how the video and audio gets distorted by speed, absolutely useless.

Drivers: 19.9.2

RX 560, Ryzen 7

Desktop recording mode, 2 channels USB audio mode.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

20.3.1. has just been released and contains some ReLive fixes, please try updating to the latest driver. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-...

Thank you very much! Recorded 90 minutes video without issues.

0 Likes