Drivers & Software

bluesadam
Elite

ReLive Audio Desync Issue

My system specs:

AMD FX 6350 CPU

MSI RX 460 2GB GPU

2x4 GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 1600mhz Ram

Gigabyte 990XA UD-3 Rev 3.0 Motherboard (fEH Bios)

Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card

2x1 TB Western Digital Caviar Blue 7200 rpm Storage

Windows 10 Pro x64

Problem:

ReLive recordings have video/audio desync issue. The longer the video is, the worse the desync becomes. One hour long video usually has around 5 seconds of audio delay. I read so many posts here and so many solutions but nothing works. Below are a list of things I have tried:

1. Set all sound devices to the same bitrate. 41khz and 48khz, 16 and 24 bit is all the same. Setting every sound device to the same bitrate resolved the audio crackling issue though.

2. Used separate microphone audio track. Doesn't help.

3. Enabled exclusive mode in sound device settings. Also enabled "let other applications take control of this device" setting but nothing changes.

4. Used USB connection for microphone as well as 3.5mm input. Nothing changes.

Please, I am begging you. Either look into this issue and resolve it or give me a solution. This problem has been going on for far too long. I want to use ReLive, I want to make videos but every time I use it, it fails at one thing or the other. Driver update notes don't even list this as an issue. Are you working on it? Are you aware of the issue? Do you know why it is happening? Please help me.

0 Likes
7 Replies
bluesadam
Elite

Just to add, I am also still getting audio crackling issue, although not always. Setting all sound devices to same bitrate fixes majority of sound crackling issue but every one out of ten recording still has this problem. I can never be sure if ReLive will record a video without a problem. I really hope I can hear an answer soon.

0 Likes

I did some research for you and the problem is caused because ReLive uses variable framerate, which causes audio desync. I tried to remux videos using ffmpeg, but I don't even know what I should remux it to. In MediaInfo, some videos show 59.940 fps and some use totally non-standard values such as 59.735 etc. so I don't know how to remux videos into constant frame rate.

Some videos work fine after remuxing them in constant 59.94 fps, some only work fine if I remux them in constant 60 fps. This whole thing is a clumsy mess. I am seriously looking forward to an official answer. Please help me. It's been a full day since I started the topic but received no help. Are you just going to turn a blind eye to this issue?

0 Likes

You need to read this >

WELCOME

The AMD Support Community is a place where AMD users can help each other by sharing their valuable knowledge and experiences about AMD products.

If nobody has had this issue...your not going to get a credible response.

If you want to contact AMD: Email Form

0 Likes

Oh yeah, because I will definitely get an answer by using the e-mail form. Right.

Look, if I can't get any response here at all, even anything simple such as "we are aware of the issue and trying to fix it" or even a response saying that they don't care I will be okay with this. But please don't try to fool me with a link to e-mail form. This problem has been going on for how long? A year? Two years? They stated in one of the driver notes (several driver versions ago) that audio distortion issue was fixed and guess what? Nothing is fixed and the issue still persists.

Do you honestly believe passive-aggressively giving me a link to amd e-mail form will really get someone official to finally give an answer?

It's things like this that make me regret buying an amd product.

They know just well to make advertisements using this amazing feature called "ReLive" which can record amazing moments whenever you want. But when we have a looooong lasting problem with this so called "feature", they give no answer whatsoever. Give me a break.

0 Likes

Why do you post here if you don't want a answer? If you don't like the answer, just tell us what you want to hear...saves alot of time.

Have a nice day...

0 Likes

Oh, I am looking for an answer indeed. I am just sick of people pointing me at an e-mail form. Just use the search function to see how many people tried to find a solution to the problem I am having and I am sure you will figure out all of them were left without a single answer.

What you are doing is just kindly saying "well, just live with it, we don't know how to fix this problem" by pointing me at an e-mail form. Let me tell you what will happen. A week later someone will say "please send me a dxdiag file of your pc" and then it will take another week until I hear of another response that says "please shut down any background applications" yada yada.

So yeah, I want answers indeed. If you don't have any, don't bother posting me useless links in a passive aggressive manner. You are doing the same thing in almost every post on this forum. I guess you are enjoying blowing off some steam on other people on the internet.

Have a nice day...

0 Likes

You never clicked the link did you...

0 Likes