cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

daggerfall
Elite

Re: ReLive 16.12.1 causing mad flickering scrolling lines on monitor

Seems problem persist, I spotted problem can disappear when you change refresh rate and windows theme/effects, DVI mode, temporarily seems. Good quality drivers. AMD need someone to check forums all the time! like green team have and it will help to work with community and do better drivers not this garbage

0 Kudos
doothe
Elite

5 Months later...

https://youtu.be/wkSYWzNoJ4o

0 Kudos
daggerfall
Elite

On this video I can say it look more like hardware bug than software, Is it HDMI? try another video output. Did you tried clean install without any "RivaTuner" and other uncommon software? I see how GPU load spikes, it's rly strange, maybe need to set lowest speed something on 500-600Mhz and memory for 800Mhz. Anyway if all installed in proper way and video cables and GPU not damaged or overheating (I see you got 65-68C in RivaTuner) for sure it's buggy amd driver like always.

Mine lags not so hard, I always using DVI. It looks like almost transparent lines on scrolling page in browsers or "block-style" page render. My English not so good, hard to describe it.
Seems useless to report that problem to AMD, and now are truly useless they released new CPU and VGA and abandon previous.

0 Kudos
javrok
Journeyman III

Hi, just so you know, I had flickering with my HD7970, when I scroll or move anything.

I just discovered it was the ATI overdrive on the Radeon Settings. Just reset it on Gaming -> Global Settings (or whatever profile is active) -> Global Overdrive -> Reset

Problem solved, didn't like the OC apparently, but the flickering was not there on previous versions... whateva.

0 Kudos
lumière
Journeyman III

Yo, I created this account just to put my 2 cents. The middle text is some background prior the flickering lines thing and there's a resume at the end.

I have two monitor and was using Trixx to OC my R9 280 prior to the ReLive drivers (can't remember the exact version).

After installing the ReLive drivers, no flickering lines, but 2 times out of 3, either Alt-Tabing out of a fullscreen game or just quitting it would make my screen display a fullscreen flickering pixels mess that I was able to get out of by Ctrl - Alt - Suppr, followed by either a Wattman failure message or a driver recovery one, if I was in luck. If not, it would end in an hard freeze followed by a BSOD. I considered that Trixx and Overdrive were in conflict since it never happened with only Trixx running on a stable OC before having Overdrive and never happened with Trixx and Overdrive with the stock clocks.

So I tried the last drivers 17.5, but installed only the audio HDMI stuff and the Display Driver, no Radeon Settings or anything, and the flickering lines appeared on the top monitor, everytime I OCed, even by 1 MHZ, any clock. The thing is that, it keeps flickering on desktop and when loading a game, any game really, but as soon as the OC really hit (my OC is only effectively applying when a game is started, otherwise it stays at stock clock, maybe some turbo stuff I don't really know) the flickering stops. Even on desktop. It comes back during every single loading screens but it's gone as soon as the loading is done. And I can live with that i guess ? My crashes/Driver Recovery/Wattman Failure when Alt - Tabbing also never occured again during those hours of test.

RESUME:

1 : Clean Installation of the 17.5.x drivers (Uninstalling with AMD Cleanup Utility -> Safe Mode -> DDU -> Normal Mode -> Installation of display drivers and HDMI audio only)

2 : OC with Trixx (stock clocks : 940 MHz / 1250MHz.    OC clocks : 1150MHz / 1650MHz.) Even when OC applied, stays at stock clocks, flickering lines appears, and the OC only kicks in when a game is loaded.

3 : Game is fully loaded -> No more flickering lines, come back during another loading, but never last afterward.

Voilà ! Had to give up on ReLive, so I'll use another recording soft until it's fixed.

I don't know if that post will be of any help for anyone, including AMD, but I wanted to share my experience as precisely as I could

0 Kudos
devastationbg
Adept I

Same here driver 17.4.4 Whql appears in Company of Heroes 2 flickering... Fix this @Amd

0 Kudos
jlaudiofan
Journeyman III

I'd like to thank you for posting this javrok, I have been fighting with this issue for the past couple days (uninstalling drivers, reinstalling, several versions) and this is what finally solved my problem.  It's strange too, because I have never changed any settings in there!

Thanks again!

0 Kudos