OK. I've tried 17.3.1 on my dual screen R9 290 and the issue is indeed gone.
I'm not using any 3'rd party OC utilities.
Same thing, seems from crimson, never seen this on 15.11.1 catalyst beta.
Windows 7 x64 SP1u with latest updates, clean install.
Card's affected, Radeon 7950, Radeon 7730, but I think it much more than 77xx and 79xx
Screen tearing just mad in Firefox while scrolling, changing DVI mode to alternate seems work somehow to next reboot, nothing else does not work. Screen tearing also in some video players like VLC.
I still using 16.11.5 its mostly stable with no main issues for me i have had a couple of blue screen stop codes but all recovers ok after reboot. not sure to try latest update will wait a little longer see how others are managing.
To everyone, yesterday I downloaded the "Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.1" from 4/4/2017. I no longer have the flickering / scrolling lines issue.
My installation sequence was as follows.
1. Uninstall the whole AMD package using their uninstall program.
3. Use DDU to reboot to safe mode and do thorough driver cleanup. http://www.guru3d.com/files/index.html
5. Disable any other display or driver altering program such as MSI AB.
6. Install the driver mentioned above but first disable your Antivirus, start driver install using right click run as administrator.
8. If you run MSI AB make sure to have the latest version of it and the Riva Statistics Server installed, download from the same link as DDU above (will have to search back through several pages).
I also installed AMD ReLive and it is working for me.
This install has only been tested 1 hour however I am able to use all 4 monitors, I tested with the game ARK and I have MSI AB running too (although not tried to OC with it yet, just for HW monitoring and feeding stats to my G15 LCD display)
I did everything as you said above, step by step without single mistake.
But this still pops up after the installation. Can this be the problem with
flickering? What should I do?
2017-04-05 21:01 GMT+02:00 doothe <email@example.com>:
Re: ReLive 16.12.1 causing mad flickering scrolling lines on monitor in *Drivers
I cannot OC anymore with MSI AB, it accepts voltage changes but not frequency changes.
There were no ill side effects with just voltage changes.
WattMan, is just so weird, un intuitive / inflexible, take your pick, choosing not to use it.