Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kera
Journeyman III

Re: ReLive 16.12.1 causing mad flickering scrolling lines on monitor

Problem still persistent with 17.1.1

MSI r9 390 user here.

Flickering only when i have 2 monitors connected, with one works fine.

One is on display port other is on HDMI.

Works with 16.11.5 with 2 monitors connected.

Monitors: AOC G2460V

Samsung C24FG70FQU

both are freesync monitors

also not working with older AOC E2050S monitor via DVI-D.

Is there comming any solution to the problem?

I'm long time amd user (let me say i always bought amd, from the 1st day, when they arrived on the market), gonna wait for vega and ryzen a little more, but something is telling me am gonna end up with kaby/canon and volta.

0 Kudos
robal
Journeyman III

17.1.2 Beta is out and it lists in fixes:

"Changing memory clocks with Radeon WattMan with more than one display connected may cause memory clocks to intermittently become stuck at their minimum setting or switch between min and max ranges intermittently causing display flickering."

Promising !

0 Kudos
randers
Adept I

MSI R9 380 4GB Windows 10 64bit. Patch 17.1.2 solved flickering but after 2h appeared again ( i use one HDMI and DVI to VGA adapter ). I did a clean install. I did something like this: Install 17.1.2 -> Check on 2 monitors (OK working not flickering) -> Switch to 1 monitor (for 1 hour or more: played some games) -> Switch to 2 monitors -> flickering and memory lock. I didn't hibernate in this time.

0 Kudos
zasy99
Challenger

Can we get an acknowledgement from AMD that they are aware of this issue, flickering on multi monitor setups for ReLive version drivers?

Would be good to know if they are at all aware of the issue and maybe working on a resolution.

Currently Re-Live is useless to a great deal of users and several revisions later the problem has not been resolved.

kingfish
MVP

0 Kudos
randers
Adept I

UPDATE:

I did a clean install (amd clean utility). Installed 17.1.2, accepted Wattman and didn't change any settings. Now i don't have flickering and memory lock. Only when i change something and click accept flickering is returning.

0 Kudos
doothe
Elite

Specs: R9 390, FX 8350, M5A99FX PRO R2.0, 2x4GB 1600MHz, Win10 Pro KB3211320, Dell 2414H & Dell 2007WFP

1. 17.1.2 AMD Wattman driver bug caught on video bricking my PC - YouTube
  2. 17.1.2 Wattman Voltage Bugs - YouTube

1. The first video actually bricked Windows for me and below are the steps I used to save Windows from AMD's driver.
    • Advanced Startup Options>Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Command Prompt>bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal>restart>DDU>restart>reinstall gpu drivers
      • Normally the option to boot into safe mode is easier with "Startup Settings"  under Advanced Options. If you don't see Startup Settings, use the steps above.
0 Kudos
datacenter
Adept I

Few drivers later... the issues are still the same

0 Kudos
jhereck
Adept II

Received my GTX 1080 few days ago : no problem, all is working like a charm.

So happy to leave AMD and this fuc.... crappy drivers : so much time wasted testing drivers and googling to solve problems !

0 Kudos
kera
Journeyman III

Everything works fine for me with 17.1.2

0 Kudos