Drivers & Software

zasy99
Challenger

Re: ReLive 16.12.1 causing mad flickering scrolling lines on monitor

Done.

rainofashes
Journeyman III

For me (MSI R9 390) it seems to happen after having used ReLive and restarting the PC. The monitor will flicker as it's starting up and loading the Radeon settings and the PC becomes sluggish while several apps crash.

0 Kudos
jhereck
Adept II

Same problem here, and it's near the same problem we get in Crimson release.

I've got a black screen at windows login when DP is connected. So i just switch off the monitor connected to DP before the login page, and it's ok.

It's DP depedent : just connect your monitors using HDMI or DVI and problem will go away.

Ho and my overclock settings are not saved after a reboot, also.

AMD, pls fix this s..t ASAP !

(R9 390 also here)

0 Kudos
marquedesque
Adept I

Same problem. But for me , after performing a clean installation of my windows to 1607, my AMD software has been removed. Thus, did an express install of the Relive v. 16.12.1 R7 M265 with the same result. I have been reinstalling my windows for like 4 times now. I'm tired of reinstalling my programs back. I got  the blue screen twice and now I'm done. I won't try to install the software again. I might lose my laptop in the process. kingfish ! Help

I'm working on a 1607 version of Windows 10

Core i5-4200U

Acer V5-561G

0 Kudos
stewscotia
Journeyman III

Figured out my issue, dont know if you run MSI Afterburner, but it caused my issue, I disabled it and problem gone.

0 Kudos
bulkybear
Adept I

My issue with my R9 390 is I get flickering to black screens and artifacting bars across my single monitor setup regardless of afterburner running or not.  Overclocked or stock.  Clean install or not.  Also no amount of overclock, even factory overclock on my MSI version, is stable.  Performance is lower across the board about 10 percent.  The artifacted bars across my screen are the worse during any kind of screen transitions, like switching from one screen to another.  Opening programs.  Or just highlighting anything with my mouse cursor.  Reinstalling 16.11.5 drivers resulted in no issues at all, so definitely a driver issue.  I'm checking every day for an update to the driver package, but nothing, still 16.12.1 on the website.  Hopefully this means they are working on it.

0 Kudos
zasy99
Challenger

Indeed, some of you were able to get it working and that is good but for others its just a bad driver issue, plain and simple.

I went through 3 months of work to get my 390x functional when it first came out, not willing to do that again.

If a driver now doesn't work it gets trashed and I wait for one that does, its not worth my time and effort to troubleshoot drivers to the extent I have had to do in the past (nor should I have too, let's be honest).

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get this fixed, I was particularly eager to try out the freesync in borderless window mode.

To those reinstalling windows multiple times in an effort to make it work, is that really worth it to you, surely you must realize its a driver issue and not your system fault.

Why not just wait until they fix the underlying problem?

I'm not trying to tell you what to do by any means, just trying to make your life easier.

By the way, if your screen becomes too corrupt to see anything and you can't even select to power off or restart you can always hit winkey+r to bring up the run window, type "cmd" and hit enter to open a command window and type "shutdown /r" and hit enter to restart or "shutdown /s" to shut down the computer.

Just thought I'd mention that as its a way to be able to blindly shut down the computer properly instead of holding in the power button >4 sec for a forced abrupt power off which is not a good method at all (but sometimes necessary in a worse case scenario).

kingfish
MVP

Laptop graphics update...How to Follow the Intel/AMD guide.

The latest driver for your laptop > Mobile These drivers have issues. You may want to install the previous version.

Previous drivers for your laptop > Videocards - ATI Catalyst Windows 7 | 8 | 10

0 Kudos
randers
Adept I

I have MSI R9 380 4GB and i too have flickering but only when i change to extended display (when using "Show only on 1" or "Show only on 2" i doesn't have flickering. ). I deleted MSI Afterburner but this didn't help ( also i did a full clean driver install ). Second problem that i saw in 16.12.1 is Wattman memory clock capped at 150 Mhz when using two monitors. Same when switched to only one monitor Wattman is correctly detecting clock (1425 Mhz).

0 Kudos
brianzion
Adept I

Just got a MSI  RX 470 x for my rig had to reinstall windows 10 64 bit because Relive 16.12.1 just f****d my pc after trying to install it I am all up and running now with basic set up driver 16.300.2311.0 windows installed, what would be the best version to install? MSI site has 16.9.1 release date 13.09.16 will this be OK ?

0 Kudos