cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

brunhildjr2
Adept II

Regedit value for RIS percentage

Hi, does anyone have the key to set the RIS value?

I added KMD_USUEnable = 1 in

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000

But not sure what the value for  the percentage is

I dont have amd settings installs this is why i need to add to registry

Thx for help

10 Replies

Please post your Computer information

Is this related to a Server or Server type environment?

Is this related to a specific Professional or other program you are using?

Are you a programmer or Developer?

Reason why I am asking is  because there are other AMD Forums that may be more applicable if this in regards to a Server Environment or Developer/Progammer environment or Rendering Environment.

0 Likes

Hi

Thanks for response, no this is simply a gaming environment and I wasn't sure where to post and thought that being a regedit key maybe its applicable to the driver forums

I would like to find out basically how can I enable Image Sharpening and change the percentage from 10% to 100% without having the Amd Settings installed because I am currently checking some issues on my system and I simply installed the latest driver from Device Manager directly to make sure any software might be interfering while I check some things

Okay, Thanks for the clarification on your issue.

Hopefully some other Users might be able to assist you. This is the correct AMD Forum for your question in my opinon.

EDIT: Deleted my reply to contact AMD Support since Moderator Ray_M mentioned AMD Support doesn't give out that type of information concerning Registry changes.

I can understand why because the User can brick his Windows OS by incorrectly changing the Registry and blame AMD Support.

No, AMD Support will not provide Reg Key values to end users.

I see.

If you know, do you think the KMD_USUEnable = 1 added in registry would enable it? Or any easy thing I could do to enable it?

I have some weird issues on my system and now Amd Settins is not installed (installed only the driver by pointing the Amd installation folder in Device manager)

Currently checking with reducing my monitor sharpening to see if it removes some of the blurring I have while moving the camera around in games and I want to see if setting the Sharpening from the driver would change the image quality

0 Likes
EFermi
Miniboss

Can you elaborate what RIS is? Radeon Image Sharpening? Why would you need that? I think it's pretty flexible as is - can adjust in between 1 and 100% with a step of 1 or be completely turned off. If you need extra ultra super mega oversharp - get ReShade, google for ported version of Radeon CAS sharpen shader (not included in the main package) and configure it to your liking. 

0 Likes

Well I just want to turn it on without installing amd settings (for now)

0 Likes

I do not believe the 80% default value is set by any registry key in Windows.
I do not think you can set the sharpening filter percentage that way. 
All the registry key you provide (KMD_USUEnable = 1) does is turn RIS on or off, and the Adrenalin 2020 GUI/UI picks that up. 

I searched the registry for the default RIS sharpening setting (decimal 80 and Hex 50) and found nothing. 

If you want information on AMD "FidelityFX you can get it here: 
https://gpuopen.com/fidelityfx-cas/

I remember watching this presentation: 
https://gpuopen.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/FidelityFX-CAS.pptx

And looking at the Sample Code: 
https://github.com/GPUOpen-Effects/FidelityFX-CAS/releases

You can also take a look at the CAS.fx filter for ReShade.

The "sharpening value" polls input directly from GUI/UI "hook" written into the code last time I looked.

Reason someone would want to use Registry Key Entries to modify something, would be, for instance:

(1). If AMD forgot to put a Global FRTC Slider in the Windows 7 GUI/UI for Adrenalin 2020 21.3.1 and 21.3.2.  Drivers despite telling everyone on Social Media they had put it back in the drivers. 

You can read all about it here: 
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/frame-rate-target-control-frtc-missing-in-adrenalin-20...

(2). If you want to use the above Windows 7 drivers on Windows 8.1 and you need to enable FRTC.

It might be good if someone could check that bug and report it to AMD.

I refuse to use the AMD Bug Reporting Tool because there is no User Opt out of the data trawl.

There is no way to report bugs on the AMD Web site anymore. 

I do not have time to deal with AMD email support about it.

Thanks.

0 Likes

OK, I simply thought I need that key as well because adding the key I mentioned in the opening post did not seem to enable the sharpening

Do you know how can i enable it with only the driver installed on my system and no additional software?

0 Likes