cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ahmza
Journeyman III

Regarding audio drivers and pc crashes in the latest radeon driver update

Hi, so ever since i bought my RX480 about a year ago i was having crashes on some of my games (maybe becuse i was trying to push ultra settings on everything ) however over the past week it has become alot more frequent and it has become verry annoying, i would be in game and litterally 5 mins into the game it would just black screen and the speakers would buzz. i searched these forums, found nothing, searched on other forums, finally i found a post regarding audio drivers. it said i would have to dissable all additional audio drivers exept one, so i dissabled all but the "AMD High Definition Audio Device", i rebooted went into a game ahain this time 10 mins in and it crashed at this point i totaly relocated my pc, stripped it down cleaned it, went as far as placing a new power supply in it, still the same issue, so i re installed windows 10 downloaded all the necessary driver and none extra rebotted once again and it strill crashed. i went back into drivers and this time dissabled the AMD audio  driver leaving the Realtek one enabled, rebooted went as far as stess testing both cpu and gpu at the same time for an hour then mem test for an hour no issues poped up, went into battlefield one ultra settings and i was able to play for an hour with no issues. so im sure it is an issue regarding AMD's latst audio driver.

if possible i would like a developper get into this before someone else gets the same issue, because it took me 2 days from morning to like 2 in the morning trying to figure this out.

im not sure as t what he exact bug is or how it is caused but please look into this as no one should have to waste this much time on a simple issue.

thanks alot

AHMZA

0 Likes
4 Replies

Sure sounds like you have figured out your problem or at least a temporary work around. If you want the AMD driver guys to know about it, they likely will not see it here. There are only 2 AMD employees here at times. This is mostly a community forum of users helping users just like you. AMD has an official bug report form that I highly suggest you copy and past your post here into so it hopefully gets read : AMD Issue Reporting Form

Good Luck & Happy Gaming!

Hi, thanks for the reply. i will definatrely forward this to the Driver developers. thanks for the link by the way.

0 Likes

When you right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar and choose playback device....here is what mine looks like. I couldn't choose AMD High Def if I wanted to..as nothing is plugged in to it. Realtek is my default. Are you using a sound card? In the game menu, what have you chosen in 'audio'?

my setup was i had my gpu plugged into my monitor over dp then plugged my speakers into the onitor for sound in game and when i as using my chgrome cast, but i quess this caused issues so i did the steps above to solve this.

0 Likes