cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

forkapple
Adept I

Recording/Driver Update Keep Disappearing from Radeon Software?

I don't know why but I keep losing the ability to update drivers or see record option or actually trigger any on screen recording in the Radeon software.  It works, I reboot or cold restart and it's just gone.  Last time this happened I had to roll back to WHQL clean install, it came back, I upgraded and restarted and it was still fine, I start up my computer today and it's just gone again.  Picture related.

Anyone else seeing this, or have a fix for how to keep it from happening?  The whole reason I bought this over the 6500XT was the hardware encoding and screen recording.  If it's just going to keep disappearing on me I have no reason to stick with Radeon.

Doubt it'll be useful, but Windows 11 Home 64-bit, i3 12100f, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4, RX 6600.  Motherboard, Asus Prime H610M-A D4

1 Solution

It is MS replacing the driver/software with the windows update catalogue/store version (it's not a full vers.).

There are guides on the web how to stop it.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

I personally don't do recording or streaming but your issue is unfortunately becoming very common.

Yes please send full hardware specs of your build even case type and PSU along with the exact windows version.

Example mine.

Thernaltake Kandalf Super ATX Tower.

PSU Thermaltake ToughPower Modular 1200 watt 80+gold.

MOBO MSI X370 M7 ACK

CPU Ryzen 7 2700x at 4.2 GHz with MSI FROZR L 200 watt TDP dual 120mm fan cooler.

RAM 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum in 4x8 configuration PC3200.

SSD Samsung SATA 3 870 V-NANO 4TB.

GPU Power Color Demon RX 6900 XT. VPU at 2235 MHz VRAM at 2170 MHz fast timing enabled.

OS Windows 10 Pro 64 Version 21H2 fully updated.

Latest MOBO Bios 1.De. All hardware has latest WHQL or non beta drivers installed

WIFI Killer Network PCIE 1 Blue Tooth and 5G.

The detail info will help community members find a solution to this issue much quicker.

Have you used a GPE or Regedit to block windows update from overwriting AMD display/audio drivers and Adrenaline software?

For now this is the only way I have found that stopped this problem for me. 

There are community members that utilize AMD recording and streaming software who have found workarounds or fixed their issue with the recording suite.

They will reach out to you soon.

Sorry I have no experience with the recording and streaming area of AMD but will provide what assistance I have experience in.

0 Likes

forkapple_0-1646353112449.png

And this is what I get when I reinstall drivers.  Almost always comes back.  For a bit.  Then goes away.

0 Likes

It is MS replacing the driver/software with the windows update catalogue/store version (it's not a full vers.).

There are guides on the web how to stop it.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Well, for some reason it hasn't happened again, so I'll remember to check this if it goes away again. 

Appreciate your help!