cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

civilized
Adept I

Recommended software for r9 270x won't install

I've been running my setup with the Adrenalin software for years now, and never had any issues. I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine onto a new drive, and to my surprise, the recommended software gave me a 182 error. I tried reinstalling Windows again but preventing Windows from automatically installing any drivers onto my machine, then retrying the installation, same thing. I tried updating Windows after that, same thing. Tried turning Secure Boot from off to on, same thing.

I'm using the recommended installation for my card, on the same config (besides the new 4TB HDD) that I've always used. I'm assuming this has something to do with the cards being moved to legacy support, but I don't see much reason the currently recommended software would refuse to install. Hopefully the legacy status doesn't mean I'm up **bleep** creek just cuz I have a last gen card.

Hardware

• GPU: Sapphire R9 270X 2GB
  • CPU: FX 6300
  • RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 4x4GB
  • HDD: WD Black 4TB
  • MoBo: ASRock 970M
  • Fast Boot: OFF
  • Secure Boot: tried both on and off
0 Likes
1 Solution

Update: instead of using the recommended software I just used the combined Legacy / Non-Legacy installer, let it auto-detect my config, and now it's working fine with the correct drivers. Looks like the wrong software is just listed for the R9 270x on the support page.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

Are you going to the amd driver download site to get driver (not using 'auto detect app' or radeon software UI to update) ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Yeah I'm putting my card model on the support site and using the recommended software.

0 Likes

What Win10 build version # is installed, is it RTM or insider preview.

What driver version is shown in device manager.

Is CSM on or off in mobo bios.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

My OS is Win 10 Pro latest version, no previews or anything:

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎7/‎18/‎2021
OS build 19043.1110
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

I tried it with CSM both on and off, same thing both times. I've always run it with CSM on.

Device Manager tells me my driver version is: 27.20.1034.6 from AMD

0 Likes

Update: instead of using the recommended software I just used the combined Legacy / Non-Legacy installer, let it auto-detect my config, and now it's working fine with the correct drivers. Looks like the wrong software is just listed for the R9 270x on the support page.

0 Likes