cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

envy-x360
Newcomer

Realtek Audio Device Code 45

Hi, I recently noticed that my audio is muted and will not work. Any ways the internet suggests have not worked yet. When I try to update the driver it says success but it has not updated the version. I need help with this. Thanks!

AMD Graphics Card:

AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics

Desktop or Laptop System:

HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-cp0013nr (Laptop)

Operating System:

Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Driver Version Installed:

Display Devices:

AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics, AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x15DD), 1920 x 1080 @60Hz

Motherboard + Bios Revision:

AMI F.32, 12/10/18

CPU/APU:

AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx

RAM:

8GB

Link to other related problem: AMD High Definition Audio Controller Code 52

0 Likes
3 Replies

Download & Reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager

Before downloading the new drivers, uninstall all the current drivers. In order to avoid duplicate conflicts among several drivers, one must uninstall the duplicate audio drivers as well.

To do this follow these steps-

Click on Start button and navigate to Device Manager.

Expand Sound, video and game controllers from the list in Device Manager.

Under this, locate the audio driver Realtek High Definition Audio.

Right-click on it and select on Uninstall device from the drop-down menu.

Download & Reinstall Realtek HD Audio Manager

Check the option with Delete the driver software for this device and hit the uninstall button.

Now go to Views tab and click on Show hidden devices from the drop-down menu.

Now search for duplicate audio drivers if any. Right-click on it and hit the Uninstall option.

Restart the system.

To manually download the audio driver, Navigate to the official website of Realtek here – realtek.com/en/downloads.Click on High Definition Audio Codecs (Software).

0 Likes

actually kingfish, the OP needs to obtain the proper Realtek HD audio drivers directly from the Hewlett-Packard support site for his HP envy x360 laptop and not from the Realtek web site, which are somewhat outdated (that realtek site has v6.0.1.8186 - R2.82 from mid-2017).

the v6.0.1.8606 drivers OP has may not be compatible with his HP laptop.  He will need this v6.0.1.8549 driver from HP, which is compatible with the v1809 version of Windows 10.

or this v6.0.1.8569 driver from HP.

Thanks Everyone!

Before I saw your guy's answers I went to one of my friend's houses and got my computer reset with a different product key.

Thank You For Your Efforts Anyways!

0 Likes