cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

raven77
Journeyman III

Raven Ridge Windows10 April 2018 Update drivers

Where are they? still Feb 12 drivers only available and they cause freezes with April update, this is not acceptable AMD!.

0 Likes
14 Replies

You mean the 18.4.1? Win10 "update was released today. So were the AMD drivers for it.

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 Release Notes

Have a nice day....

0 Likes

raven ridge is not supported. Doh.

0 Likes

They are not official drivers, doh.

0 Likes

They are from Microsoft...where do you think they got it?

0 Likes

I aint force installing drivers.

0 Likes
raven77
Journeyman III

Well still crashing, going to have to reinstall windows 10 1709, thanks AMD, clowns.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Have you installed them right. Theres a certain way of appling them when updating Kingfisher is right check you tube. Theres insiders who had tested these drivers told me they wernt to bad fixed alot of issues & alot of improvement. Need to do it as a clean install for them to load up properly.

0 Likes

Yes fresh windows install, latest chip set drivers then latest ravenridge drivers. Event manger is showing display recovered other times it's a BSOD with video tdr, this does not happen with 1709 windows.

0 Likes
andrei93
Adept II

This driver issue is not AMD's fault, not entirely anyway. After about 20 reboots did I manage to get my display drivers working on this 1803 Win10 update and now I am still trying to get my motherboard's audio drivers to work and my headset drivers to work. And if that wasn't enough, windows explorer crashes almost every time I have to open an executable that requires to be run as an administrator.
   Microsoft is to blame for this sloppy update since even before it was released articles were popping up about how it got delayed due to "issues". I guess they still didn't fix all of them...

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

hence why I am holding off updating for about 3 months till the issues are sorted. I paused mine 2 weeks ago

0 Likes
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

You can install the new driver available here : Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Q2 2018 Release Notes

Note :  It is essential that you reboot the system after you install these drivers.

Please submit your feedback on any issues with this driver here.

Is AMD expecting to service mobile Ryzens (eg Ryzen 5 2500U found in HP laptops) only through OEM's? The drivers seem to be reasonably old at this point and eg the above link clearly says only desktop models (Ryzen 2500G) supported. Also other Adrenalin builds do not seem to support 2500U that I could find.

0 Likes