Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

moorvud19
Adept II

Raven Ridge drivers

Hello,

I know, that Raven Ridge in desktop is quite a new product, but software support for these two processors is quite strange.. With AMD products I am used to type amd.com in Google search, I find Driver tab, and I have two ways how to download drivers.. When I am lazy, I choose "Auto Detect", when I am not, I can find the right driver myself.. What was my surprise, when I bought Ryzen 3 2200g. None of these options was good.. Auto detect did not find any driver, and manually chosen coulnd not be installed. My solution was using google and finding special page for this ravenridge processors.

My first question is, why the only driver for this APU (Vega8/11) is version 17.7 (when other gpus from AMD were updatet to 18.3.1).

Second question is, why it is not possible to install gpu drivers for my dedicated GPU, which is RX560, when it is possible to install drivers for dedicated Nvidia gpus.

p.s.: one thing I noticed.. my Raven Ridge+ polaris combo in MSI motherboard enabled both GPUs (not crossfire).. which was called Dual Graphics previously. I think it was not presented as a feature with Raven Ridge which is pity. I can just change gpu powering monitor by switching HDMI port from motherboard to Polaris and back..

My specs:

Ryzen 3 2200g

2x8GB Corsair 3200MHz

Sapphire RX560 2GB

MSI B350 Tomahawk

Windows 10 latest version

0 Likes
23 Replies