Software:

Windows 10 x64 1709 Build 16299.15

Amd-chipset-drivers_18.10b

Hardware:

AsRock AB350M Pro4 - BIOS Revision 4.70

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Corsair CX550W

Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB - Samsung Die

My system has been crashing a lot more often than before, especially when drivers are getting stressed. Problem is, the only way to get memory dumps is to just run it. I tried the integrated driver verifier, and it lets every driver to boot into Windows except AMD Chipset drivers, they deadlock the system as soon as Windows tries to boot with them using the checks, which leads me to believe there's something wrong with either the drivers or the newest BIOS revision for the motherboard.

A random crash may happen when using multimedia, internet browsing or game applications. It seems to crash more often when I stress the system with gaming, in particular Skyrim Special Edition which crashes with a different memory address every time with no pointers on which module or driver is causing the crash. The crashes get worse if the system is overclocked, adding more voltage doesn't alleviate the crashes.

I have found 0 remedies so far, even a fresh Windows install didn't help. Running the system completely stock with newest drivers installed still causes random crashes pointing to Windows kernel, and never a driver or a module.

Is there anything else I can try at this point? As these random BSODs have been plaguing me for 2 weeks now.

0 Likes
15 Replies