cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ohmmzz
Newcomer

Random screen freeze with 19.9.1 Radeon Update (5700xt)

Hi just gonna make this short and simple.

I recently updated my driver to 19.9.1 and as whilst I was gaming my entire screen just froze and I couldn't use my PC at all, which I had to hard reset it. 

I suspect it had something to do with the GPU driver cause went on Event Viewer and there was and there was an error linked to the GPU driver. 

Was wondering if anyone had faced the same issue as I did after the 19.9.1 Radeon update.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5700 XT

RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR4 3200Mhz

Motherboard: AsRock B450 Steel Legend

0 Likes
2 Replies
tiagoslb15
Adept I

Well in my case i got a problem when the image freezed, scrren goes Black and it wont comeback . Just stays black with the pc running normally on the backgroung(happend watching youtube videos and i could ear the audio). Had to reset the pc to get image again because nothing worked 

0 Likes

The same is happening with version 19.9.2.

Second time Paladins hangs generating blue screen when I made ALT + TAB. The screen goes black and the SSD reading straight. Only Reset or Power off to solve.

I strongly advise you to run chkdsk / f <drive>: on all you own and restart. Here this problem has generated corruption of Windows system files. It's macabre. It happened both times.

Mi config:

RX480 8GB

2019-09-22 (1).png2019-09-22 (2).png

[ AMD Ryzen 7 5700X (step B2) | CM MASTERLIQUID PL360 FLUX | MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI - 7C91v1D | 32GB DDR4 3600MHz XPG SPECTRIX | ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 3060 OC Ed 12GB GDDR6 ]
0 Likes